Minimum intrusion Grid
The Minimum intrusion Grid (commonly MiG) is an effort to design and develop a modern grid computing system that has minimal requirements for usage yet still maintains a security for all participants in the system.
MiG currently covers three separate projects:
- MiGrid is a project to develop the software itself.
- MiGrid is a development grid, usually running the latest MiGrid software.
- Grid.dk is the national Danish grid, slated to run the MiGrid software, mixed with other Grid middelware, such as NorduGrid.
- Nothing produced by MiG can be required to be installed on either the resource or client end
- Everything within MiG must be implemented in Python unless another language is absolutely required
- Any design and implementation decision must optimize towards transparency for the users
- Anything that is not right must be thrown away