Minister Plenipotentiary of Sint Maarten
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
The Minister Plenipotentiary of Sint Maarten (Dutch: Gevolmachtigd Minister van Sint Maarten) represents the constituent country of Sint Maarten in the Council of Ministers of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. The current Minister Plenipotentiary is Henrietta Doran-York.
A significant difference between the Netherlands Ministers and the Ministers Plenipotentiary is that the former Ministers are accountable for their politics and policies to the Dutch parliament. The Ministers Plenipotentiary, however, are accountable to their national governments. Therefore, the Ministers Plenipotentiary usually do not resign in the event of a Dutch cabinet crisis.
List of Ministers Plenipotentiary of Sint Maarten
The following table lists the Ministers Plenipotentiary of Sint Maarten that have been in office since Sint Maarten became a country in the Kingdom of the Netherlands in 2010:
|#||Name||Took office||Left office||Party|
|1||Mathias Voges||10 October 2010||19 December 2014||DP|
|2||Josianne Fleming-Artsen||19 December 2014||19 November 2015||UP|
|3||Henrietta Doran-York||19 November 2015||Incumbent||NA|
- "Aruba and the Netherlands Antilles: Political relations within the Kingdom of the Netherlands". Ministerie van Binnenlandse Zaken en Koninkrijksrelaties. Archived from the original on 2008-02-17. Retrieved 2007-10-13.
- "Mathias Voges selected minister plenipotentiary". The Daily Herald. 2010-10-21. Retrieved 2010-11-03.
- "Clijnje Heyliger heeft slim onderhandeld" (in Dutch). Caribiana.nl. 2010-09-23. Retrieved 2010-10-16.
- "New Marcel Gumbs Cabinet takes office". The Daily Herald. 19 December 2014.
- "Former Minister Plenipotentiary Fleming-Artsen thankyou message". SXM Island Time. 19 November 2015.
- "Prime Minister William Marlin promised open and transparent government.". SMN News. 19 November 2015.