|Traded as||TYO: 9946|
|Industry||Retail (convenience stores)|
|Founded||May 21, 1969|
|Headquarters||Mihama-ku, Chiba, Japan|
Number of locations
|4,902 stores (2015)|
Number of employees
Ministop Co., Ltd. (ミニストップ株式会社 Minisutoppu Kabushiki-gaisha) (TYO: 9946), a member of ÆON, operates the Ministop convenience store franchise chain in Japan. Unlike most other convenience stores in Japan, Ministop stores feature a kitchen that prepares sandwiches, snacks and take out bento boxes on demand, and has a seating area where customers can sit down and eat immediately.
The usual Japanese convenience store goods are available, such as magazines, manga comic books, soft drinks, contraceptives, onigiri ; services include bill payment, photocopying, ticket purchase for events and ATM access. Ministop also has its own unique brand of fast food. The menu varies according to season and periodical promotions. A typical selection might include hot dogs, sandwiches, frozen desserts such as soft serve ice cream, kariman and chūkaman—Siopao-style buns with various fillings. Ministop also operates in South Korea, the Philippines (under Robinsons Malls), Indonesia, China, Vietnam and Kazakhstan.
- "Corporate Profile". Ministop Co., Ltd. Retrieved 2 February 2016.
- "ABOUT US: A SUBSIDIARY OF ROBINSONS RETAIL HOLDINGS, INC". Retrieved 16 November 2013.
- "The MINISTOP circle is finding new friends around the world". Retrieved 16 November 2013.
- "Ministop plans Kazakhstan shops". The Japan Times. 15 May 2012. Retrieved 16 November 2013.
- Media related to Ministop at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website (in Japanese)
- Ministop Philippines (Robinsons Convenience Stores, Inc.)
|This retail business article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Japanese corporation– or company–related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|