Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (Cambodia)
|Jurisdiction||Government of Cambodia|
|Headquarters||Mao Tse Toung Blvd, Phnom Penh, Cambodia|
The Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (Khmer: ក្រសួងកសិកម្ម រុក្ខាប្រមាញ់ និងនេសាទ "Krasuong Kaksekar") is the government ministry of Cambodia that is responsible for governing activities of agriculture, forestry and the fishery industry in Cambodia.
Public schools, companies and rubber plantations related to the Ministry include:
- Royal University of Agriculture (RUA)
- Cambodia Agricultural Research and Development Institute (CARDI)
- Prek Leap National College of Agriculture (PNCA) 
- Kampong Cham National School of Agriculture
- Agricultural Input Company
- Cambodia Rubber Development Company
- Cambodia Rubber Research Institute
- Rubber Import, Export, Transport and Equipment Company
- Rubber Plantation Companies: Chup Rubber Plantation Co., Krek Rubber Plantation Co., Memut Rubber Plantation Co., Snoul Rubber Plantation Co., Chamkar Andong Rubber Plantation Co., Beungket Rubber Plantation Co. and Peam Cheing Rubber Plantation Co.
Crimes and disturbing issues
In the years of 2007-8 the Cambodian Government, was responsible for the sale of 45% of the total landmass in Cambodia to primarily foreign investors. The land concessions are to be used for agro-industrial, forestry, tourism and constructional projects, even though larger parts of the land are wildlife protections or national parks even (See Cardamom Mountains for example). The vast majority of the Economic Land Concessions (ELCs) have in fact been issued in violation of Cambodia’s 2001 Land Law and its Subdecree on ELCs and are therefore illegal. The landsales has been perceived by observers, to be the result of extensive land grabbing and corruption within the judicial system, ministries and government bureaucracy of Cambodia. It has stirred serious unrest across the country, within recent years.
- Government of Cambodia
- Tropical agriculture
- Tropical fruit
- Para rubber tree
- Deforestation in Cambodia
- MAFF, About us
- About us
- MAFF, RUA
- MAFF, CARDI
- CARDI homepage
- MAFF, PNSA
- PNSA homepage
- Maps Open Development Cambodia. See Economic Land Concessions, Concessions For Mining and Forest Concessions.
- "Submission to the UN's Universal Periodic Review, Cambodia" (PDF). Universal Periodic Review 2013. LICADHO. 2013. p. 1.
- Adrian Levy and Cathy Scott-Clark (April 26, 2008). "Country for sale". The Guardian. Retrieved February 13, 2014.
- Andreas Lorenz (November 27, 2013). "Land Grab: Foreign Firms Drive Cambodians from Farms". Der Spiegel.
- Topic: Land Issues LICADHO. Accessdate: February 20th 2014.
- Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries
- Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries - Ministry directory
- Forestry Administration, home page
|This Cambodia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a forestry agency is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|