Ministry of Culture (Denmark)
The Ministry of Culture is located at Gammel Strand with address from Nybrogade 2. The building is former mayor's house from 1729-30, built for mayor William Bjerregård. Originally it was a three-winged building but a fourth wing towards the canal was added by the architect Philip de Lange. From 1759 – c. 1950 it served as a pawnbroker's shop. In 1962 the Ministry of Culture moved in after the building had undergone thorough restoration.
Agencies and institutions
- Danish Heritage Agency
- Danish Arts Agency
- Danish Libraries and Media Agency
- Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts
- National Film School of Denmark
- Royal Danish Theatre's School of Ballet
- Danish Design School
- Royal School of Library and Information Science
- Royal Academy of Music in Aarhus
- Royal Danish Library
- KUM English - Official website.