Ministry of Culture (Denmark)
The Ministry is located at Gammel Strand with address from Nybrogade 2. The building is a former mayor's house dating from 1729–30, built for mayor Christian Bjerregård. Originally, it was a three-winged building but a fourth wing facing the canal was added by the architect Philip de Lange. It served from 1759 to c. 1950 as a pawnbroker's shop. In 1962, the Ministry of Culture moved in after the building had undergone a thorough restoration.
Agencies and institutions
- Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts
- National Film School of Denmark
- Royal Danish Theatre's School of Ballet
- Danish Design School
- Royal School of Library and Information Science
- Royal Academy of Music, Aarhus/Aalborg
- Royal Danish Library
- KUM English – Official website.