Ministry of Culture (Lithuania)
|Lietuvos Respublikos kultūros ministerija|
The Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Lithuania (Lithuanian: Lietuvos Respublikos kultūros ministerija) is a governmental body of the Republic of Lithuania. Its mission is to formulate and implement state cultural policies supporting professional and amateur art, theatre, music, fine arts, cinema, museums, libraries, and written publications, to guard copyright and copyright-related interests, and to protect cultural values.
The Ministry of Culture performs the following functions within the framework of Lithuanian legislation:
- Drafting legislation pertaining to cultural activities;
- Drafting concepts and programmes supporting the development of various forms of art, and coordinating their implementation;
- Allocating funds to museums, libraries and organizations that support visual, musical, and performance arts
- Coordinating activities on behalf of copyright and related rights;
- Coordinating state public information policy;
- Assuring the accounting of, and protection of, cultural values;
- Development and implementing international cultural programmes, and drafting international agreements pertaining to these programmes;
- Initiating regional cultural development strategies.
|This article about politics in Lithuania is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|