Ministry of Culture (Norway)
The Royal Norwegian Ministry of Culture (Norwegian: Kulturdepartementet) is responsible for cultural policy, regulations and other matters related to the media and sports. The ministry was established in 1982, at which time it was called the Ministry of Cultural and Scientific Affairs. Until then, the Ministry of Church and Education had had the overriding responsibility for cultural affairs in Norway. It is led by Linda Hofstad Helleland (Conservative). The ministry reports to the Storting.
- Minister Thorhild Widvey (Conservative)
- State Secretary Knut Olav Åmås (Conservative)
- Political Advisor Catharina Munthe (Conservative)
The ministry is divided into six departments and an information unit.
- Department of the Arts
- Department of Media Policy
- Department of Sport Policy
- Cultural Heritage Department
- Department of Civil Society and the Voluntary Sector
- Department of Administrative Affairs
- The Information Unit
|This Norwegian government-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|