Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance
|وزارت فرهنگ و ارشاد اسلامی|
|Formed||18 August 1984|
|Jurisdiction||Islamic Republic of Iran|
|This article is part of a series on the|
|Politics of the
Islamic Republic of Iran
|Government of Islamic Republic of Iran|
The Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance (Persian: وزارت فرهنگ و ارشاد اسلامی also known as Ershad ارشاد) is the ministry of Culture of the Islamic Republic of Iran. It is responsible for restricting access to any media that violates Islamic ethics or promotes values alien to the Iranian Revolution.
For the importation and exportation of motion picture, cinematographic and television films, audio tapes, phonographic discs, books and other publications, brochures, pamphlets, commercial advertisement products, business catalogues, pictures, gravures, paintings, tableaux, etc., licenses are required to be obtained from the Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance. In addition, the ministry is one of the governmental bodies that are responsible for exporting the Islamic revolution and one of the three "sovereign" ministerial bodies of Iran due to nature of its work at home and abroad.
- Foreign Trade Regime of the IRI Archived 2013-03-10 at the Wayback Machine. Memorandum
- Bar, Shmuel (2009). "Iranian terrorist policy and "export of revolution"" (PDF). Interdisciplinary Center. Retrieved 28 July 2013.
- al Labbad, Mustafa (15 August 2013). "Rouhani's Cabinet Seeks New Balance in Iranian Policies". As Safir. Retrieved 16 August 2013.
- Official Website
- «Fashion police», The Economist, May 5th 2013
- Responsibilities and organizational structure of Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Category:Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance of Iran.|
|This Iran-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|