Ministry of Culture and Monument Protection of Georgia
|საქართვველოს კულტურისა და ძეგლთა დაცვის სამინისტრო|
Coat of Arms of Georgia
|Headquarters||Sanapiro Street q.4, Tbilisi, Georgia 0102|
|Annual budget||₾85 million (2015)|
The Ministry of Culture and Monument Protection of Georgia (Georgian: საქართვველოს კულტურისა და ძეგლთა დაცვის სამინისტრო, sakartvelos kulturisa da dzeglta datsvis saministro) is a governmental agency within the Cabinet of Georgia in charge of regulating activities related to preservation of Georgian culture and its cultural monuments. The ministry is headed by Guram Odisharia.
The ministry was established in 2010 as a result of restructuring activities within the Georgian government in June 2010. The preceding Ministry of Culture, Monuments Protection and Sports was split into two separate government agencies: Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs and Ministry of Culture and Monument Protection.
The ministry is headed by the minister aided by the first deputy minister in charge of Cultural Heritage Strategy, Organizations Coordination and Permissions, and International Programs and Georgian Culture Popularization departments; and three deputies in charge of Administrative, Events and Regional Coordination and Legal departments. Parliament exercises control over the ministry's activities. The budget of the ministry in 2010 was GEL 54,977,500 roughly equal to € 21,991,000.
Ministers after 2004
- Giorgi Gabashvili, February 2004–January 2008
- Nikoloz Vacheishvili, January 2008–November 2008
- Grigol Vashadze, November 2008–December 2008
- Nikoloz Rurua, December 2008–October 2012
- Guram Odisharia, October 2012–Present
- "Government of Georgia". Retrieved 2011-04-01.
- "Georgia/ 3. Competence, decision-making and administration". Retrieved 2011-04-01.
- "The Joint Sitting of the Committee on Sector Economy and Economic Policy the Committee on legal Issues, the Committee on Sports and Youth Issues, and the Committee on Education and Culture". Parliament of Georgia. 2010-06-28. Retrieved 2011-04-01.
- "Open Society Georgian Foundation. East East: Partnership Beyond Borders Program's 2011 Strategy". Retrieved 2011-04-01.
- "Ministry of Culture and Monument Protection of Georgia. Structure". Retrieved 2011-04-01.
- "Georgia/ 6. Financing of culture. 6.1 Short overview". Retrieved 2011-04-01.