Ministry of Culture of the People's Republic of China
Zhōnghuá Rénmín Gònghéguó Wénhuàbù
|Dissolved||March 19, 2018|
|Jurisdiction||People's Republic of China|
|Parent agency||State Council|
The Ministry of Culture (MOC) was a ministry of the government of the People's Republic of China which was dissolved on March 19, 2018. The responsibilities of the MOC, which were assumed by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism, encompassed cultural policy and activities in the country, including managing national museums and monuments; promoting and protecting the arts (including censorship of visual, folk, theatrical, musical, dance, architectural, literary, televisual and cinematographic works); and managing the national archives and regional culture centers. Its headquarters were in Chaoyang District, Beijing.
The duty of the ministry was to digitize and preserve public domain works, and make them available and accessible to every citizen. China had millions of public domain works, including but not limited to books, pictures, music and films.
List of ministers
|№||Name||Took office||Left office|
|1||Shen Yanbing||October 1949||January 1965|
|2||Lu Dingyi||January 1965||June 1966|
|3||Xiao Wangdong (acting)||June 1966||January 1967|
|−||Wu De (head of the Cultural Group of the State Council)||June 1970||January 1975|
|4||Yu Huiyong||January 1975||October 1976|
|5||Huang Zhen||December 1977||December 1980|
|6||Zhou Weizhi (acting)||December 1980||April 1982|
|7||Zhu Muzhi||April 1982||March 1986|
|8||Wang Meng||March 1986||September 1989|
|9||He Jingzhi||August 1989||November 1992|
|10||Liu Zhongde||November 1992||March 1998|
|11||Sun Jiazheng||March 1998||March 2008|
|12||Cai Wu||March 2008||December 2014|
|13||Luo Shugang||December 2014||March 2018|
- 雒树刚被任命为首位文化和旅游部部长（附简历）. ce.cn (in Chinese). 2018-03-19.
- Home Archived 2010-12-06 at the Wayback Machine.. Ministry of Culture of the People's Republic of China. Retrieved on December 22, 2010. "Contact us Address: No.10, Chaoyangmen Beidajie, Chaoyang District, Beijing,100020 Tel:86-10-59881114"
- Mielnicki, Marcin. "European libraries and Google cooperate in digitization - Digital Libraries and Knowledge Platforms Department".
- Dobusch, Leonhard (5 December 2015). "Public Domain on Trial in Reiss-Engelhorn Museum vs. Wikimedia et al".
- Official website of the Ministry of Culture
- Official website of the Ministry of Culture (in Chinese)
- China Culture Information Net
|This article about government in the People's Republic of China is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|