Ministry of Defense and Armed Forces Logistics (Iran)
|وزارت دفاع و پشتیبانی نیروهای مسلح جمهوری اسلامی ایران|
|Formed||22 August 1989|
|Jurisdiction||Islamic Republic of Iran|
The Ministry of Defense and Armed Forces Logistics (MODAFL) is the defense ministry of the Islamic Republic of Iran. It was formed in 1989 and has control both over Iran's regular forces and over its Revolutionary Guard, particularly bringing the latter under the overall defense umbrella by reducing its institutional autonomy, abolishing its independent ministry and bringing its command structures under the new Ministry.
The ministry is one of the three "sovereign" ministrial bodies of Iran due to nature of its work at home and abroad.
Ministers of Defense
- Ahmad Madani (February 1979 - September 1979)
- Mostafa Chamran (1979–1980)
- Javad Fakoori, (1980–1981)
- Mousa Namjoo, (1981)
- Mohammad Salimi (1981–1985)
- Mohammad Hossein Jalali (1985–1989)
- Akbar Torkan, (1989–1993)
- Mohammad Forouzandeh, (1993–1997)
- Ali Shamkhani, (1997–2005)
- Mostafa Mohammad-Najjar, (2005–2009)
- Ahmad Vahidi, (2009–2013)
- Hossein Dehghan, (2013–present)
- al Labbad, Mustafa (15 August 2013). "Rouhani’s Cabinet Seeks New Balance in Iranian Policies". As Safir. Retrieved 16 August 2013.
- Anthony H. Cordesman, Iran's military forces in transition
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ministry of Defence (Iran).|
|This article related to the military of Iran is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|