Ministry of Defence and Armed Forces Logistics (Iran)
|وزارت دفاع و پشتیبانی نیروهای مسلح جمهوری اسلامی ایران|
|Formed||22 August 1989|
|Jurisdiction||Islamic Republic of Iran|
The Ministry of Defence and Armed Forces Logistics (MODAFL) is the defence ministry of the Islamic Republic of Iran. It was reesstablished in 1989> The ministry is responsible for planning, logistics and funding of the Armed Forces of the Islamic Republic of Iran, while the General Staff, a separate institution has control over the forces.
The ministry is one of the three "sovereign" ministrial bodies of Iran due to nature of its work at home and abroad.
Ministers of Defence
- Ahmad Madani (February 1979 - September 1979)
- Mostafa Chamran (1979–1980)
- Javad Fakoori (1980–1981)
- Mousa Namjoo (1981)
- Mohammad Salimi (1981–1985)
- Mohammad Hossein Jalali (1985–1989)
- Akbar Torkan (1989–1993)
- Mohammad Forouzandeh, (1993–1997)
- Ali Shamkhani (1997–2005)
- Mostafa Mohammad-Najjar (2005–2009)
- Ahmad Vahidi (2009–2013)
- Hossein Dehghan (2013–present)
- Forozan, Hesam (2015), The Military in Post-Revolutionary Iran: The Evolution and Roles of the Revolutionary Guards, Routledge, pp. 51–53, ISBN 9781317430742
- al Labbad, Mustafa (15 August 2013). "Rouhani’s Cabinet Seeks New Balance in Iranian Policies". As Safir. Retrieved 16 August 2013.
- Anthony H. Cordesman, Iran's military forces in transition
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ministry of Defence (Iran).|
|This article related to the Iranian armed forces is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|