Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources (Azerbaijan)
|Аzərbаycаn Rеspubliкаsının Ekologiya və Təbii Sərvətlər Nazirliyi|
Coat of arms of Azerbaijan
|Formed||May 23, 2001|
|Headquarters||B. Agayev Str, 100 A, Baku, Azerbaijan Republic AZ1000|
|Agency executives||Huseingulu Bagirov, Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources
Firdovsi Aliyev, Deputy Minister
Novruz Guliyev, Deputy Minister
The Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources of Azerbaijan Republic (Azerbaijani: Аzərbаycаn Rеspubliкаsının Ekologiya və Təbii Sərvətlər Nazirliyi) is a governmental agency within the Cabinet of Azerbaijan in charge of regulation of the activities in the country relating to ecology, environmental protection and use of natural resources of Azerbaijan. The ministry is headed by Huseingulu Bagirov.
The Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources of Azerbaijan was established on May 23, 2001 as per the Presidential Decree of President Heydar Aliyev No. 485 in accordance with structural reforms within the Azerbaijani government. The current activities of the ministry were being implemented, at times duplicated by several governmental agencies such as State Observation Committee for Ecology and Use of Natural Resources, Azermeshe union (responsible for forestry, State Committee of Geology and Mineral Resources, Azerbaliq State Concern (in charge of fishing industry), State Hydrometeorology Committee and their regulations were decentralized. The decree abolished all these agencies and centralized the governmental regulations and activities by replacing them with the new ministry.
The ministry is headed by the minister with two deputy ministers. Main functions of the ministry are enhancing the knowledge base on natural resources, know-how, use and protection of resources, ensuring environmental protection, preservation of biological diversity of the resources, regulation of activities in using the biological resources in internal waters and Azerbaijani section of the Caspian Sea, their protection and preservation; enhancing the knowledge base on geology of the country, protection of mineral resources; preparation of regulations on usage, area enlargement, creation, protection of forests; ensuring environmental protection in populated places and so forth. The ministry also disseminates information on the environmental situation in the occupied territories of Azerbaijan, such as destruction of forestry in Fizuli Rayon of Azerbaijan.
- Cabinet of Azerbaijan
- National Parks of Azerbaijan
- State Reserves of Azerbaijan
- List of protected areas of Azerbaijan
- "CIA. Chiefs of State and Cabinet Members of Foreign Governments". Retrieved 2010-11-02.
- "Ekologiya və Təbii Sərvətlər Nazirliyi. Nazirliyin tarixi" [Ecology and Natural Resources. The history of the ministry]. Retrieved 2010-11-02.
- "Rəhbərlik" [Leadership]. Retrieved 2010-11-02.
- "Azərbaycan Respublikasının Ekologiya və Təbii Sərvətlər Nazirliyi haqqında əsasnamə" [The law on Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources of Azerbaijan Republic]. Retrieved 2010-11-02.
- M. Aliyev (2010-08-21). "Ecology ministry: Armenia destroys natural resources occupied Fizuli region of Azerbaijan". Trend News Agency. Retrieved 2010-11-02.