Ministry of Education and Vocational Training (Spain)
|Ministerio de Educación|
y Formación Profesional
|Employees||15.000 approx. (without teachers or education professionals)|
|Annual budget||3.730 M€ (2016) |
From 2018, the Minister of Education and Vocational Training is María Isabel Celaá Diéguez.
The Ministry of Education and Vocational Training is a department of the General Administration responsible for suggesting and carrying out the Government policy in educational and vocational training affairs.
Moreover, this department has to foster cooperation actions and international relations in educational, cultural and sports affairs in coordination with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union and Cooperation.
The Ministry of Education and Vocational Training, under the superior management of the department's principal, carries out the responsibilities that legally belong to it via the superior and executive bodies:
- The Secretary of State of Education and Vocational Trainings.
As a body of political and technical support to the Minister it has a Cabinet, with the level of General Management.
Are advisory and/or participation college bodies of the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport the following ones:
- The State School Council, which is related to the Ministry through the Secretary of State of Education and Vocational Training.
The Institute of Spain, the Royal Academies and the academies of the national area are administratively related to the Ministry of Education and Vocational Training.
- (in Spanish) Agencia Estatal Boletín Oficial del Estado: "Real Decreto 355/2018, de 6 de junio, por el que se reestructuran los departamentos ministeriales." Ministerio de Educación y Formación Profesional. Official website. Retrieved 12 June 2018.
- Official site of Spain's Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport (English version)
- Spanish Archives Portal (Portal de Archivos Españoles), federated search of archives in Spain, launched circa 2007 by the Ministerio de Cultura de España