Ministry of Education (Saudi Arabia)
|Government body overview|
|Formed||1925as Directorate of Knowledge|
|Jurisdiction||Government of Saudi Arabia|
|Headquarters||Takhassusi St, Al Mathar Ash Shamali, Riyadh 12334, Saudi Arabia|
|Government body executive|
The Ministry of Education (MOE; Arabic: وزارة التعليم) is a ministry in Saudi Arabia. As of December 27, 2018, Dr.Hamad bin Mohammed Al Al-Sheikh is the minister. Headquartered in Riyadh, it oversees primary, secondary, and higher education.
In 1926, Sultan of Nejd Abdul Aziz Ibn Saud annexed Kingdom of Hejaz and dissolved the government of Hijaz as well as the Sultanate of Nejd and established the Kingdom of Nejd and Hejaz with running a dual monarchy. King Abdul Aziz Al-Saud established the Council for Knowledge which focused on education in Hejaz region. In 1953, King Saud bin Abdul Aziz Al-Saud established and merged the previous Directorate of Knowledge to Ministry of Knowledge and appointed the then Prince Fahd bin Abdul Aziz Al-Saud as the Minister on December 24, 1953. In 1960, Crown Prince Faisal bin Abdul Aziz Al-Saud established General Presidency for Girls’ Education. In 2002, King Fahd bin Abdul Aziz Al-Saud issued a royal decree which merged General Presidency for Girls’ Education to the Ministry of Knowledge and the Ministry was renamed as Ministry of Education in 2003.
List of former ministers
- Prince Khalid bin Faisal bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud (2013 - 2015)
- Dr. Ahmed bin Mohammad Al Issa (2015 - 2018)
In September 2018, Ministry of Education and the Arizona State University partnered with each other in order to launch Building Leadership for Change Through School Immersion program which would commence from February 2019.
- "The Minister Archived 2015-06-28 at the Wayback Machine." Ministry of Education of Saudi Arabia, Higher Education. retrieved on November 5, 2015.
- "Ministry Addresses Archived 2015-09-24 at the Wayback Machine." Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia Washington, DC. Retrieved on November 5, 2015. "Ministry of Education Airport Road, Riyadh 11148 "
- ‹See Tfd›(in Arabic) Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Education, Higher Education (MOEHE)
|This Saudi Arabia related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|