Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine
|Formed||8 July 1992|
|Headquarters||10, Victory Sq., Kiev|
|Parent agency||Cabinet of Ministers|
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
The Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine (Ukrainian: Міністерство освіти і науки України) is the main body in the system of central bodies of the executive power. It is fully based on the former Ministry of Education and Science and Youth and Sport.
On 28 February 2013 President Viktor Yanukovych reorganized the Ministry of Education and Science, Youth and Sports and the State Service for Youth and Sports, creating the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and the (new) Ministry of Youth and Sports.
The ministry consists of the central body headed by the minister, first deputy, and other deputies to assist the minister. Part of ministry elects several state administrations representatives that are specialized in certain field and coordinate operation of government companies.
- State Service for intellectual property of Ukraine
- State Agency of Science, Innovations, and Informativeness of Ukraine
List of Ministers
The Ministry of Education was created on July 8, 1992 by merging two major organs of the Ukrainian SSR: the Ministry of Higher and Middle Specialized Education and State Committee on Vocational-Technical Education. In 1991 there were two ministries of education — National and Higher (formerly Higher and Middle Specialized).
|Name of Ministry||Name of minister||Term of Office|
|Ministry of Education and Science||Ivan Zyazyun||August 3, 1990||May 1992|
|Petro Talanchuk||February 1992||July 6, 1994|
|Mykhailo Zghurovsky||November 18, 1994||January 14, 1999|
|Vasyl Kremen||December 30, 1999||February 3, 2005|
|Stanislav Nikolayenko||February 2005||December 18, 2007|
|Ivan Vakarchuk||December 18, 2007||March 11, 2010|
|Dmytro Tabachnyk||March 11, 2010||February 23, 2014|
|Serhiy Kvit||February 27, 2014||14 April 2016 |
|Liliya Hrynevych||14 April 2016 ||Present|
- New Cabinet formed in Ukraine, UNIAN (14 April 2016)
- "Official website of the Ministry. About (In Ukrainian).". 2014.
- Declaration of Cabinet of Ministers
- (Russian) Short bio of Ravil Safiullin, Информационно-аналитический центр "ЛІГА"
- "Official website of the Ministry. FAQ (In Ukrainian).". 2014.
- "Official website of the Ministry. Lilia Hrynevych (In Ukrainian).". 2014.
- Official document, Ukrainian gov. list of ministries