Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Iran)
|وزارت امور خارجه|
Ministry Building (Shahrbani Palace)
|Formed||October 15, 1821|
|Jurisdiction||Islamic Republic of Iran|
|Headquarters||National Garden, Tehran|
|Annual budget||31.4 billion Iranian Rial (2021) |
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Persian: وزارت امور خارجه, romanized: Vezārat-e Omūr-e Khārejeh) is an Iranian government ministry headed by the Minister of Foreign Affairs, who is a member of cabinet. The current Minister of Foreign Affairs is Hossein Amir-Abdollahian, who was approved by the Parliament on 25 August 2021 after being nominated by the President.
Ministers and officials
The first minister of foreign affairs of Iran was Mirza Abdulvahab Khan, who served from 1821 to 1823. The incumbent minister is Hossein Amir-Abdollahian, who was appointed on 25 August 2021 to succeed Mohammad Javad Zarif.
The current officials of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs are:
- Minister of Foreign Affairs — Hossein Amir-Abdollahian
- Deputy for Political Affairs — Ali Bagheri
- Deputy for Legal & International Affairs — Reza Najafi
- Deputy for Economic Diplomacy Affairs — Mehdi Safari
- Deputy for Consular, Parliament and Iranians Affairs — Kazem Sajjadi
- Deputy for Administrative and Financial Affairs — Mohammad Fathali
- Spokesman & Head of the Center for Public and Media Diplomacy — Saeed Khatibzadeh
- Head of the Center for Political and International Studies — Mohammad Hassan Sheykholeslami
- The Minister Senior Assistant in Special Political Affairs — Ali Asghar Khaji
Since 5 September 2013, the Ministry has been responsible for the negotiation of the Comprehensive agreement on Iranian nuclear program, which had previously been carried out by the Supreme National Security Council.
The building of the Ministry was completed in 1939.
- Politics of Iran
- Foreign relations of Iran
- Minister of Foreign Affairs (Iran)
- Commission of National-Security and Foreign-Policy (of Islamic Parliament of I.R.Iran)
- "تاریخ وزارت امور خارجه ایران". Tebyan (in Persian). Retrieved 3 September 2021.
- جزییات تعداد کارمندان دولت در سال ۹۷ Tasnim News
- "افزایش بودجه وزارت خارجه/ رشد ۷۶ درصدی اعتبارات دستگاه دیپلماسی". Mehr News (in Persian). Retrieved 3 September 2021.
- "Iran's Rouhani shifts responsibility for nuclear talks". BBC. 5 September 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Architecture. Pahlavi, before World War II". Encyclopedia Iranica. Retrieved 22 August 2013.