Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Singapore)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Logo of the MFA
|Jurisdiction||Government of Singapore|
|Headquarters||Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Tanglin, Singapore 248163|
|Annual budget||501.63 million SGD (projected 2017)|
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Abbreviation: MFA; Malay: Kementerian Ehwal Luar Negeri; Chinese: 新加坡外交部) is a ministry of the Government of Singapore responsible for conducting and managing diplomatic relations between Singapore and other countries and regions. It is headed by the Minister for Foreign Affairs, the office currently held by Dr Vivian Balakrishnan.
Established in 1965, the Ministry now has 50 overseas missions including 7 High Commissions, 21 Embassies, 4 Permanent Missions to the United Nations, and 17 consulates. Singapore has appointed 31 Honorary Consuls-General/Consuls abroad and has 46 non-resident Ambassadors and High Commissioners based in Singapore. The MFA provides consular assistance to Singaporeans travelling, working and studying overseas.
Singapore maintains diplomatic relations with 188 countries. In Singapore, there are 70 resident foreign Embassies and High Commissions, 43 foreign Consulates, and 11 International Organisations based in Singapore. In addition, more than 60 non-resident foreign Ambassadors are accredited to Singapore.
Minister for Foreign Affairs
|Years in Office||Minister|
|1988–1994||Wong Kan Seng|
- Minister for Foreign Affairs
- Foreign relations of Singapore
- List of diplomatic missions of Singapore
- eRegister for Singaporeans travelling overseas
- "Expenditure Estimates by Head of Expenditure - Ministry of Foreign Affairs" (PDF). Singapore Budget 2017. Ministry of Finance. March 2017. Retrieved 20 March 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Singapore).|
- Official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Official Twitter account of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Singapore Government Directory Interactive — Ministry of Foreign Affairs