Ministry of Health (Russia)
|Министерство здравоохранения Российской Федерации|
|Jurisdiction||Government of Russia|
|Headquarters||Rakhmanovsky pereulok 3, Moscow|
|Annual budget||375.6 billion rouble (FY 2011)|
The Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation (Russian: Министерство здравоохранения Российской Федерации, in short Russian: Минздрав России, romanized: Minzdrav Rossii) is an agency of the government of Russia, headquartered in Moscow. It is the successor of the former Ministry of Health and Social Development, which was split in two in 2012 under Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev, with the social security departments being relegated to the newly formed Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs. Since then, Veronika Skvortsova has been the minister.
Its main official responsibilities include:
- developing and implementing state policy in healthcare;
- developing and implementing federal health programs, including initiatives on
diabetes, tuberculosis, health promotion, health education, disease prevention etc.;
- developing draft legislation and presenting it to the State Duma;
- governance of federal medical facilities;
- medical education and manpower development;
- epidemiological and environmental health monitoring and health statistics;
- control of infectious diseases;
- development of health regulations;
- development of federal standards and recommendations for quality assurance;
- development and implementation of federal health programs
- control and licensing of drugs.
After the 2012-split of the Ministry of Health and Social Development, the only minister of health has been Veronika Skvortsova.
- "Basic parameters of the Russian draft federal budget for 2011"
- "Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation - The Russian Government". government.ru. Retrieved 2019-01-19.
- "Справочные телефоны, адрес и схема проезда." Ministry of Healthcare and Social Development. Retrieved on 4 December 2010. "127994, ГСП-4, г. Москва, Рахмановский пер, д. 3"
- Official website (in Russian)
|This Russia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|