Ministry of Information (Bangladesh)
|Bengali: তথ্য মন্ত্রণালয় |
|Jurisdiction||Government of Bangladesh|
|Headquarters||Ministry of Information|
|Website||Ministry of Information|
The Ministry of Information (Bengali: তথ্য মন্ত্রণালয়) (abbreviated as MoI) is a branch of the Government of Bangladesh is the apex body for formulation and administration of the rules and regulations and laws relating to information, broadcasting, the press and films in Bangladesh. It is responsible to release government information, media galleries, public domain and government unclassified non-scientific data to the public and international communities.
The Ministry is responsible for all the press and broadcasting arm of the Bangladesh Government. The Bangladesh Film Censor Board is the other important body under this ministry being responsible for the regulation of motion pictures shown in Bangladesh. The current Minister of Information is Muhammad Hasan Mahmud.
There are 14 agencies and departments under the Ministry of Information of Bangladesh. They are as follows:
- Information Commission (Information)
- Directorate of Mass Communication (Broadcasting)
- Department of Films & Publications (Films)
- "Ministry of Information (Bangladesh)". Archived from the original on 8 February 2015. Retrieved 15 February 2015.
- "Press Institute of Bangladesh (PIB)". Retrieved 15 February 2015.
- "Bangladesh Film Censor Board". Retrieved 15 February 2015.
|This article about government and politics in Bangladesh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|