Ministry of Labour (Norway)
The Royal Norwegian Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (Norwegian: Arbeids- og sosialdepartementet) is a Norwegian ministry established in 1916. It is responsible for the labour market, the working environment, pensions, welfare, social security, integration, immigration, asylum, minorities and the Sami. Since 16 December 2015 the department has been led by Anniken Hauglie (Conservative Party).
- Minister Robert Eriksson (Progress Party)
- State Secretary Kristian Dahlberg Hauge (Progress Party)
- State Secretary Torkil Åmland (Progress Party)
- Name history
- 1 September 1885–22 February 1946: Norwegian Ministry of Labour
- 20 December 1948–31 December 1989: Norwegian Ministry of Local Government and Labour (see Ministry of Local Government and Regional Development)
- 1 January 1998–1 October 2004: Norwegian Ministry of Labour and Government Administration (see Ministry of Government Administration, Reform and Church Affairs)
- 1 January 2006–31 December 2009: Norwegian Ministry of Labour and Social Inclusion
- 1 January 2010–: Norwegian Ministry of Labour
- International Centre for Reindeer Husbandry, or Internasjonalt fag- og formidlingssenter for reindrift (official site) Research.
- Labour Court of Norway, or Arbeidsretten (official site) Court that takes under consideration disputes about validity, interpretation and existence of collective agreements, questions regarding breach of collective agreements, questions regarding breach of the peace obligation, and claims for damages resulting from such breaches.
- Directorate of Integration and Diversity, or Integrerings- og mangfoldhetsdirektoratet (official site) Authority concerning integration of foreigners.
- National Centre for Documentation on Disability, or Nasjonal dokumentasjonssenter for personer med nedsatt funksjonsevne (official site) Research.
- National Institute of Occupational Health, or Statens arbeidsmiljøinstitutt (official site) Research.
- Norwegian Directorate for Health and Social Affairs, or Sosial- og helsedirektoratet (official site) Competence centre for the management of healthcare and social affairs.
- Norwegian Directorate of Immigration, or Utlendingsdirektoratet (official site) Immigration permits and authority.
- Norwegian Directorate of Labour and Welfare, or Arbeids- og velferdsdirektoratet (official site) Manages the Norwegian Labour and Welfare Service.
- Norwegian Immigration Appeals Board, or Utlendingsnemda (official site) Appeal board for the Directorate of Immigration.
- Norwegian Labour and Welfare Service, or Arbeids- og velferdsetaten (official site) Administrating age- and diability pensions and other welfare, and manages unemployment.
- Norwegian Labour Inspection Authority, or Arbeidstilsynet (official site) Authority aimed at occupational health and safety.
- Norwegian Pension Insurance for Seamen, or Pensjonstrygden for sjømenn (official site) Administrates the seamen's pension.
- Petroleum Safety Authority Norway, or Petroleumstilsynet (official site) Insures occupational safety and health in the petroleum industry.
- Resource Centre for the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, or Kompetansesenter for urfolks rettigheter (official site) Research.
- Resource Centre for Nature and Reindeer Husbandry Services, or Ressurssenter for natur og reindriftstjenester Research.
- Riksmeklingsmannen (official site) Negotiates wage and traffic disputues between employer and labour unions.
- Sámediggi, or Sametinget (official site) Sami parliament.
Standing Committees and Boards
- Tariffnemnda, the Collective Bargaining Board