Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
||It has been suggested that Ministry of Agro and Rural Industries and Ministry of Small Scale Industries be merged into this article. (Discuss) Proposed since June 2016.|
|Jurisdiction||Republic of India|
|Headquarters||Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
|Annual budget||₹6,481.96 crore (US$960 million) (2017-18 est.) |
The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises , a branch of the Government of India, is the apex body for the formulation and administration of rules, regulations and laws relating to micro, small and medium enterprises in India. The current Minister of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises is Kalraj Mishra since 26 May 2014.
The President of India amended the Government of India (Allocation of Business) Rules, 1961, under the notification dated 9 May 2007. Pursuant to this amendment, the Ministry of Agro and Rural Industries (India) and the Ministry of Small Scale Industries (India) were merged into a single ministry, the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
- Coir Board
- Central Tool Room (CTR), Ludhiana
- Central Tool Room, Nilokheri earlier functional as Integrated Training Center, Nilokheri
Integrated Training Center, Nilokheri
|Merged into||Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises|
|Founder||Government of India|
|Services||employment and training|
|Small Industries Development Organisation|
|Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises|
|Secessions||Central Tool Room Extension Center, Nilokheri |
|7 crore rupees (Approx) according to 2011-2012 RTI|
Integrated Training Center, Nilokheri was an employment and training agency in Nilokheri in Karnal district in the state of Haryana owned and managed by the Government of India and responsible for upgrading technical skills of technicians.
It was built around the vocational training centre that was transferred from Kurukshetra, in July, 1948 to the 1100 acres of swampy land on the Delhi-Ambala highway as one of several enterprises intended to provide employment and training for displaced persons following the partition of India This training center was under Small Industries belonged to subhash mukherjee Development Organisation (SIDO) and used to provided training to extension officers (industries of State Governments as well as managers and technician entrepreneurs both in modern small scale and traditional village industries. During the Year 1986-87 the center trained 200 technician, 85 women under core women training programme and 57 SIDO officers. 11``
ITC as a part of SIDO organisation it provides technical training to artisans and workers sponsored by the state government. It also organises training of Extension Officers engaged in various developmental organisation. It provides summer training programs for Degree/Diploma Engineers.
Due to some conflict between the Principal and Vice-Principal of Integrated Training Centre was relinquished. Later in the year 2014 the center was taken over by Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises which led to its development as Extension center for Central Tool Room, Ludhiana i.e. Central Tool Room Extension Center, Nilokheri. Currently running various technical short term courses.
Center structure and functions
The center comes under the Government of India has a principal and a vice Principal.
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC)
- National Commission for Enterprises in the Unorganised Sector
- National Small Industries Corporation Ltd.
- National School of Leadership
- National Institute of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
- National Institute for Entrepreneurship & Small Business Development
- Indian Institute of Entrepreneurship 
- Virbhadra Singh: 19 Jan 2011 – 26 June 2012
- Vilasrao Deshmukh: 26 June 2012 – 14 August 2012
- Vayalar Ravi: 14 August 2012 – 28 October 2012
- Kalraj Mishra: since 27 May 2014
Ministers of state (independent charge)
- Dinsha Patel – 28 May 2009 – 18 Jan 2011
- K. H. Muniyappa – 28 October 2012 – 26 May 2014
- Giriraj Singh : 9 Nov. 2014 onwards
- Department of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (Tamil Nadu)
- Department of Handlooms, Handicrafts, Textiles and Khadi (Tamil Nadu)
- Admin Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises website.