Ministry of National Defense (Turkey)
|Millî Savunma Bakanlığı|
|Jurisdiction||Government of Turkey|
|Headquarters||Bakanlıklar, Ankara, Turkey|
|Annual budget||₺53,9 billion (2020)|
|Deputy Ministers responsible|
The Ministry of National Defense (Turkish: Millî Savunma Bakanlığı) is a government ministry office of the Republic of Turkey, responsible for coordinating and supervising all agencies and functions of the government concerned directly with national security and the Turkish Armed Forces. It is headquartered at the Bakanlıklar in Ankara.
Ministry of National Defense is responsible for recruitment, procurement, production, logistics, medical care and other tasks to prepare the Armed Forces and its personnel for military operations.
The Ministry of National Defense is headed by the Minister of National Defense, a cabinet-level head who reports directly to the President of Turkey and also a member of the National Security Council.
Minister of National Defense
- Office of the Private Secretary
- Press and Public Relations Consultancy
- Deputy Ministers
- Inspection Board
- General Directorate of Staff
- General Directorate of Defense and Security
- General Directorate of Plans, Policy and Agreements
- General Directorate of Management Services
- General Directorate of Legal Services
- General Directorate of Recruitment
- General Directorate of Military Health Services
- General Directorate of Budget and Financial Services
- General Directorate of Mapping
- General Directorate of Military Factories
- General Directorate of Naval Shipyards
- General Directorate of Procurement Services
- Department of Technical Services
- Department of Internal Audit
- Department of Fuel Supply and NATO POL Facilities Management
- Department of Communications and Information Systems
- Department of National Mine Activity Center
- Military Factory and Shipyard Management Inc. (ASFAT A.Ş.)
- Mechanical and Chemical Industry Corporation
- National Defense University
- Turkish Armed Forces
Note: Land, Naval and Air forces reports directly to the Minister of National Defense.
Ministers of National Defense
- "Bütçe en büyük pay savunma ve güvenliğe ayrıldı". Yeni Yaşam (in Turkish). 30 October 2019. Retrieved 1 December 2020.
- "Türkiye Cumhuriyeti Milli Savunma Bakanlığı Teşkilatı". msb.gov.tr (in Turkish). Retrieved 30 August 2020.
- Official website (in Turkish)