Ministry of Oil and Gas (Kazakhstan)
|Ministrial Department overview|
|Formed||12 March 2010|
|Preceding Ministrial Department||
The Ministry of Oil and Gas is one of the governmental bodies of Kazakhstan and part of the cabinet. The ministry has the function of developing and implementing policies related to petroleum and petroleum products.
History and profile
The main function of the ministry is to oversee and regulate the oil and gas sector in the country which was largely carried out by the national oil company, KazMunaiGas, until the establishment of the ministry.
- "Sector organization" (PDF). US Energy Information Agency. 28 October 2013. Retrieved 4 February 2014.
- "Glossary. Annual Report 2012". Nostrum Oil and Gas. Retrieved 4 February 2014.
- "Major events in Caspian oil & gas industry". Azer News. 4 February 2014. Retrieved 4 February 2014.
- Nariman Gizitdinov (3 July 2013). "Karabalin Appointed Kazakh Oil Minister to Replace Mynbayev". Bloomberg. Retrieved 4 February 2014.
- "Kazakhstan creates new oil and gas-ministry in a major government reshuffle". Eurasia. Retrieved 4 February 2014.