Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Formed||August 1, 1970|
|Jurisdiction||Republic of India|
The Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions is the coordinating agency of the Government of India in personnel matters specially issues concerning recruitment, training, career development, staff welfare as well as the post retirement dispensation.
The Ministry comprises three Departments viz:-
- Department of Personnel and Training
- Department of Pension and Pensioners' Welfare
- Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances
Department Of Personnel and Training (DOPT)
DOPT is concerned with the formulation of policy and the watchdog of the Government ensuring that certain accepted standards and norms, as laid down by it, are followed by all Ministries/Departments in the recruitment, regulation of service conditions and posting transfers and deputation of personnel as well as other related issues.
DOPT supervises and controls the following organisations, namely -
- Union Public Service Commission
- Staff Selection Commission
- Public Enterprises Selection Board
- Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration
- Institute of Secretariat Training and Management
- Central Vigilance Commission
- Central Bureau of Investigation
- Indian Institute of Public Administration
- Central Information Commission
Department of Pension and Pensioners' Welfare (DPPW)
The department is mainly concerned with the formulation of policies regarding the post retirement benefits of Central Govt. employees covered under the CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972. It also acts as a forum for the redressal for Pensioners' grievances. However, the pensioners of Ministries of Railways and Defence are governed by their respective pension rules.
Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances (DOARPG)
The Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances is to facilitate the pursuit of excellence in governance through promotion of:
- Improvements in Government structures and processes
- Citizen-friendly initiatives including redressal of public grievances
- Documentation, incubation and dissemination of best practices
- Codification and simplification of procedures and
- Networking with various agencies
The Department acts as a facilitator, in consultation with Central Ministries/ Departments, States/ UT Administrations, Organisations and individuals, to improve Government functioning through administrative reforms in the spheres of restructuring the Government, process improvement, Organisation and Methods and Grievance handling, and by promoting modernization, Citizen’s Charters, award schemes, e-governance, and best practices.
It provides online grievance redress services through Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System.
- Official Website of Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
- Organisations Under MOP
- Federal Budget of 2012 allocates nearly Rs 212 crore for training civil servants