Ministry of Science and Higher Education (Poland)
This article does not cite any sources. (November 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Ministerstwo Nauki i Szkolnictwa Wyższego|
Official governmental wall plaque
|Headquarters||ul. Wspólna 1/3, Warsaw|
|Parent agency||Council of Ministers|
The Ministry of Science and Higher Education (Polish: Ministerstwo Nauki i Szkolnictwa Wyższego) in Poland was opened on 5 May 2006 by the Minister of Science and Higher Education, in replacement of several parts of the Ministry of Education and Science. The Minister of Science and Higher Education administers governmental activities in science and higher education and has a budget for scientific research provided by State funds. The Rada Nauki (Science Council) acts together with the Minister, in replacement of the Komitet Badań Naukowych (Science Research Council) which was closed in 2005. The headquarters of the ministry are located at ulica Wspólna 1/3, Warsaw.
The current Minister of Science and Higher Education is Jarosław Gowin.
List of ministers
Ministers of Education and Science
Ministers of Science and Higher Education
- Michał Seweryński, 5 May 2006 – 7 September 2007
- Jarosław Kaczyński, 7 September 2007 – 11 September 2007
- Michał Seweryński, 11 September 2007 – 16 November 2007
- Barbara Kudrycka, 16 November 2007 – 27 November 2013
- Lena Kolarska-Bobińska, 27 November 2013 – 15 November 2015
- Jarosław Gowin, 16 November 2015
- "Lena Kolarska-Bobińska" (in Polish). Ministerstwo Nauki i Szkolnictwa Wyższego. Retrieved 2014-05-31.
- "Prof. Lena Kolarska-Bobińska nowym ministrem nauki i szkolnictwa wyższego" (in Polish). Ministerstwo Nauki i Szkolnictwa Wyższego. 3 grudnia 2013. Retrieved 2014-05-31. Check date values in:
|This article about government in Poland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|