Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy (South Korea)
Saneop Tongsang Jawonbu
|Formed||February 29, 2008
(Ministry of Commerce, 1948)
|Jurisdiction||South Korean government|
|Headquarters||Sejong City, South Korea|
The Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy (MOTIE) is a branch of the South Korean government. It is concerned with regulating some economic policy, especially with regard to the industrial and energy sectors. The ministry also works to encourage foreign investment in Korea. The current minister is Yoon Sang-jick.
The ministry began in 1948 as the Ministry of Commerce in the First Republic. In 1993 it was merged with the Ministry of Energy, established in 1977. It became the Ministry of Knowledge Economy in 2008, and the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy in 2013.
Subsidiary departments and organisations of the MTIE include:
- Korean Testing Lab (ko:한국산업기술시험원) or KTL
- "Location." (Archive) Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy. Retrieved on January 1, 2014. "Addresss : 402 Hannuri-daero, Sejong-si, 339-012, Republic of Korea"
- "Location." (Archive) Ministry of Knowledge Economy. Retrieved on January 1, 2013. "Address Ministry of Knowledge Economy, 88, Gwanmoonro, Gwacheon-si, Gyeonggi-do, Republic of Korea"
- Official MOTIE page
- Official MOTIE page (Korean)/MUL
- Ministry of Knowledge Economy (Archive)
- Ministry of Knowledge Economy (Korean) (Archive)
- Official MOCIE Page (Archive)
- Official MOCIE Page (Korean) (Archive)
|This Korea-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|