Ministry of Water and Power
|وزارت پانی و بجلی|
Seal of Government of Pakistan
|Formed||August 14, 1947|
Block A, Pak Secretariat|
Islamabad, ICT, Pakistan. 44000.
Water and Power Development Authority
National Transmission And Despatch Company
Federal Flood Commission
The Federal Flood Commission (FFC) is an agency within the Ministry that was created in 1977 in response to severe flooding by the Indus River. The FFC has been charged to execute flood control projects and protect lives and property from the impact of floods. By 2010 the FFC had received Rs 87.8 billion since its inception, and its own documents demonstrate that numerous projects were initiated, paid for, and seemingly completed. However, after the devastating 2010 Pakistan floods the agency has been severely criticized as apparently very little actual work had been done on the ground and it was accused of ineffectiveness and corruption. 
Private Power and Infrastructure Board
The Private Power and Infrastructure Board (PPIB) was created in 1994 to promote private sector participation in the power sector of Pakistan. PPIB facilitates investors in establishing private power projects and related infrastructure, executes Implementation Agreement (IA) with Project Sponsors and issues sovereign guarantees on behalf of government.
Alternative Energy Development Board
- List of power stations in Pakistan
- List of electric supply companies in Pakistan
- Electricity sector in Pakistan
- Energy policy of Pakistan
- Water resources management in Pakistan
- Energy Department (Punjab, Pakistan)
- "Pakistan PM creates new ministries". Gulf-Times (in Arabic). 6 August 2017. Retrieved 6 August 2017.
- Ahmadani, Ahmad (19 August 2010). "Heavily funded FFC fails to deliver". The Nation (Pakistan). Retrieved 2 June 2012.
- https://www.dawnnews.tv/news/1056180 (Urdu translation of Ministry of Water and Power)
- Ministry of Water & Power Official Website
- Private Power and Infrastructure Board
- Federal Flood Commission
- National Transmission And Despatch Company
- Alternative Energy Development Board
|This article about government in Pakistan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|