Ministry of Foreign Affairs and European Integration of Moldova
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Ministry of the Foreign Affairs and European Integration of Moldova)
|Ministry of Foreign Affairs and European Integration of Moldova|
|Appointer||Parliament of Moldova|
|Term length||Four years|
History of the office
According to Constitution of Moldova (1994), the structure of the Government is determined by organic law. The office of Foreign Minister is one of the most high-profile positions in the Government of Moldova.
- Ensures the sovereign rights of the Republic of Moldova in international relations.
- Promotes Moldova's foreign policy in relations with other states and international organizations.
- Informs the President, Parliament and Government on major international events, and make proposals on Moldova's position towards them.
- Negotiates on behalf of the Republic of Moldova and participate in negotiating treaties and international agreements.
- Directs and controls the activity of diplomatic missions and consular offices of the Republic of Moldova to other countries and international organizations.
- Analyzes internal and external situation of countries with which Moldova has diplomatic relations, identifies and evaluates development opportunities of trade and economic relations with these countries.
- Cooperates with the central specialized bodies and other structures of government in external economic relations and promotion of the state's unified policy externally.
|Ion Pelivan||21 Dec 1917||9 Apr 1918|
|Nicolae Ţâu b.1945||1990||28 Oct 1993|
|Ion Botnaru (b. 1954) (acting)||28 Oct 1993||5 Apr 1994|
|Mihai Popov (b. 1949)||5 Apr 1994||28 Jul 1997|
|Nicolae Tăbăcaru (b. 1955)||28 Jul 1997||23 Nov 2000|
|Nicolae Cernomaz (b. 1949)||23 Nov 2000||27 Jul 2001|
|Iurie Leancă (b. 1963) (1st time) (acting)||27 Jul 2001||4 Sep 2001|
|Nicolae Dudău (b. 1945)||4 Sep 2001||4 Feb 2004|
|Andrei Stratan (b. 1966)||4 Feb 2004||25 Sep 2009|
|Iurie Leancă (2nd time)||25 Sept 2009||31 May 2013|
|Natalia Gherman||31 May 2013||20 January 2016|
|Andrei Galbur||20 January 2016|