Ministry of the Presidency (Spain)
|Minister of the Presidency, Relations with the Cortes and Equality|
The Most Excellent (formal)|
Madam Minister of the Presidency (informal)
|Inaugural holder||Luis Carrero Blanco|
|Website||Ministry of the Presidency, Relations with the Cortes and Equality|
The Ministry of the Presidency, Relations with the Cortes and Equality, Spanish: 'Ministerio de la Presidencia, Relaciones con las Cortes e Igualdad', is the ministerial department of the Government of Spain which assures the link between the different Ministries and the President of the Government and is responsible for the relations between the Government and the Parliament. The Ministry's official budget for 2017 is €1.2 billions.
The Ministry of the Presidency, Relations with the Cortes and Equality is a department of the General Administration responsible for:
- Coordinating the matters of institutional relevance.
- Preparing, carrying out and tracking the legislative program.
- Supporting the President of the Government.
- Supporting the Cabinet, the Government's Delegated Commissions and the General Commission of Secretaries and Undersecretaries of the State.
- Supporting the Government with its relationships with the Cortes Generales.
- Managing the policies for making the equality between men and women real and effective and for eradicating all kind of discrimination.
The Ministry of the Presidency, Relations with the Cortes and Equality is organised in the following superior bodies:
- The Secretariat of State for Relations with the Cortes.
- The Directorate-General for Relations with the Parlament.
- The Secretariat of State for Equality.
- The Government Delegation for Gender Violence.
- The Directorate-General for Equality of Treatment and Diversity.
- The Undersecretariat of the Presidency, Relations with the Cortes and Equality.
- The Technical General Secretariat.
List of Ministers
- Governments of Francisco Franco (1936-1975)
- First Governments of the Monarchy (1975-1977)
- (1975 - 1977): Alfonso Osorio García.
- Constituency Legislature (1977 - 1979)
- I Legislature (1979 - 1982)
- II Legislature (1982 - 1986)
- (1982 - 1986): Javier Moscoso del Prado, PSOE
- III Legislature (1986 - 1989), called Ministerio de Relaciones con las Cortes y de la Secretaría del Gobierno.
- (1986 - 1989): Virgilio Zapatero Gómez, PSOE
- IV Legislature (1989 - 1993), called Ministerio de Relaciones con las Cortes.
- (1992 - 1993): Virgilio Zapatero Gómez, PSOE
- V Legislature (1993 - 1996)
- (1995 - 1996): Alfredo Pérez Rubalcaba, PSOE
- VI Legislature (1996 - 2000)
- VII Legislature (2000 - 2004)
- VIII Legislature (2004 - 2008)
- IX Legislature (2008 - 2011)
- X Legislature (2011 - 2016)
- (2011 - 2016): Soraya Sáenz de Santamaría, PP
- XI Legislature (2016)
- (2016): Soraya Sáenz de Santamaría, PP – (2)
- XII Legislature (2016 - )
(1) Undersecretaries of the Presidency (2) Minister of the Presidency and for the Territorial Administrations (3) Minister of the Presidency, Relations with the Cortes and Equality
- Government of Spain, Ministry of the Treasury. "General Budget of the State" (PDF).
- Royal Decree 415/2016, 3 November, for restructuring the ministerial departments (in Spanish)