Minit (video game)
|Developer(s)||JW, Kitty, Jukio, and Dom|
Minit is an adventure video game developed by Jan Willem Nijman, co-founder and one-half of Vlambeer, Kitty Calis, who contributed to Horizon Zero Dawn, Jukio Kallio, a freelance composer, and Dominik Johann, art director of Crows Crows Crows. The game is published by Devolver Digital and was released on April 3, 2018 for Windows, macOS, Linux, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. On May 11, 2018, a Nintendo Switch version was announced on the first episode of Indie World, a web series from Nintendo of Japan that showcases indie games coming to the Japanese Nintendo eShop. The game's premise is that each of the player's lives only lasts for one minute, resulting in "a peculiar little adventure played sixty seconds at a time". With each interval, the player will learn more about the environment. A demo for the game was presented at E3 2017.
The gameplay of Minit consists of sixty-second lives in which the player attempts to uncover mysteries and lift a curse. Gameplay progresses by the player keeping all items they have collected during each of their sixty-second lives.
|2018||Develop Awards||Gameplay Innovation||Nominated|||
|Golden Joystick Awards||Best Indie Game||Nominated|||
|2019||New York Game Awards||Statue of Liberty Award for Best World||Nominated|||
|22nd Annual D.I.C.E. Awards||Outstanding Achievement for an Independent Game||Nominated|||
|National Academy of Video Game Trade Reviewers Awards||Game, Original Family||Nominated|||
|Independent Games Festival Awards||Seumas McNally Grand Prize||Nominated|||
|2019 G.A.N.G. Awards||G.A.N.G. / MAGFEST People's Choice Award||Nominated|||
|15th British Academy Games Awards||Game Design||Nominated|||
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, another game that features specific in-game times
- Campbell, Colin (June 13, 2017). "You're going to want to find some time for Minit". Polygon. Vox Media. Retrieved June 18, 2017.
- JP, Nintendo (May 10, 2018). "Minit [Indie World 2018.5.11]". YouTube. Retrieved May 11, 2018.
- Donnelly, Joe (January 25, 2017). "Minit is a new '60-second adventure' from an indie supergroup and Devolver Digital". PC Gamer. Future US. Retrieved June 18, 2017.
- Warr, Philippa (February 1, 2017). "Use tiny time loops to lift a curse in Minit". Rock, Paper, Shotgun. Gamer Network. Retrieved June 18, 2017.
- MCV staff (May 21, 2018). "Announcing the Develop Awards 2018 nominations shortlist". MCV. Future plc. Retrieved September 4, 2018.
- Hoggins, Tom (September 24, 2018). "Golden Joysticks 2018 nominees announced, voting open now". The Daily Telegraph. Telegraph Media Group. Retrieved October 7, 2018.
- Sheridan, Connor (November 16, 2018). "Golden Joystick Awards 2018 winners: God of War wins big but Fortnite gets Victory Royale". GamesRadar+. Future plc. Retrieved November 17, 2018.
- Keyes, Rob (January 3, 2019). "2018 New York Game Awards Nominees Revealed". Screen Rant. Valnet, Inc. Retrieved January 7, 2019.
- Makuch, Eddie (January 10, 2019). "God Of War, Spider-Man Lead DICE Awards; Here's All The Nominees". GameSpot. CBS Interactive. Retrieved January 14, 2019.
- "Nominee List for 2018". National Academy of Video Game Trade Reviewers. February 11, 2019. Retrieved February 15, 2019.
- Fogel, Stephanie (January 3, 2019). "'Return of the Obra Dinn' Leads IGF Awards Nominees". Variety. Penske Media Corporation. Retrieved January 7, 2019.
- Fogel, Stefanie (March 21, 2019). "'God of War' Wins Six G.A.N.G. Awards, Including Audio of the Year". Variety. Penske Media Corporation. Retrieved March 22, 2019.
- Fogel, Stefanie (March 14, 2019). "'God of War,' 'Red Dead 2' Lead BAFTA Game Awards Nominations". Variety. Penske Media Corporation. Retrieved March 15, 2019.