Minnesota Department of Corrections
Adult and juvenile correctional facilities
|Facility||Pop. type||Security class||Capacity||2014 population|
|Faribault||Male||1, 2, & 3||2,026||1,996|
|Lino Lakes||Male||1 & 3||1,316||1,257|
|Oak Park Heights||Male||5||444||437|
|Stillwater||Male||1 & 4||1,622||1,612|
|Red Wing Adults||Male||Minimum||42||43|
|Willow River (CIP)||Male||177||163|
|Togo (CIP)||adult male only||68||115|
|Togo Juvenile||ended July of 2015|
|Red Wing||Juvenile male||189||127|
The department operates juvenile correctional facilities.
Minnesota Correctional Facility – Red Wing in Red Wing serves delinquent boys. It was built in 1889. Minnesota Correctional Facility – Togo in northern Itasca County no longer serves delinquent boys and girls. The Togo facility opened in 1955 as Youth Conservation Commission (YCC). For years it was known as Thistledew Camp. In 2006 the facility's name changed to MCF-Togo, and the Thistledew designation is used to refer to the juvenile programs. Now MCF-TOGO only serves adult males as a CIP program
- List of law enforcement agencies in Minnesota
- List of United States state correction agencies
- List of U.S. state prisons
- "Contact Us." Minnesota Department of Corrections. Retrieved on December 8, 2009.
- http://sentencingproject.org/doc/publications/inc_Too_Good_to_be_True.pdf page 5
- "CCA Announces Closure of Prairie Correctional Facility". Corrections Corporation of America. Retrieved 2010-10-30.
- "Prairie Correctional Facility". Corrections Corporation of America. Archived from the original on 2010-10-27. Retrieved 2010-10-30.
- "Performance Report 2014" (PDF). Minnesota Department of Corrections. Retrieved 2015-10-12.
- "Juvenile Services." Minnesota Department of Corrections. Retrieved on August 24, 2010.
- "Minnesota Correctional Facility – Red Wing." Minnesota Department of Corrections. Retrieved on August 24, 2010.
- "MCF-Togo." Minnesota Department of Corrections. Retrieved on August 24, 2010.
- "About Thistledew Programs at MCF-Togo." Thistledew Programs. Retrieved on August 24, 2010.