Minnesota State Highway 120
|Defined by MS § 161.115(48)|
|Maintained by Mn/DOT|
|Length:||7.233 mi (11.640 km)|
|Existed:||1965 – present|
|South end:||I-94 at Maplewood, Oakdale|
| MN 5 at Maplewood , Oakdale
MN 36 at North St. Paul , Oakdale
I-694 at White Bear Lake , Mahtomedi
|North end:||MN 244 at White Bear Lake , Mahtomedi|
Minnesota State Highway 120 (MN 120) is a highway in Minnesota, which runs from its interchange with Interstate Highway 94 in Maplewood (near Landfall) and continues north to its northern terminus at its intersection with State Highway 244 and Ramsey County Road 15 at the White Bear Lake / Mahtomedi boundary line. The route is 8 miles (13 km) in length.
Highway 120 is also known as Century Avenue, Geneva Avenue, and Division Street at various points throughout its route.
Highway 120 serves as a north–south route between the communities of Maplewood, Oakdale, North St. Paul, White Bear Lake, and Mahtomedi.
Highway 120 mostly parallels I-694 throughout its route. Highway 120 also has an interchange with I-694 at the White Bear Lake / Mahtomedi boundary line.
The route is legally defined as Route 117 in the Minnesota Statutes. It is not marked with this number.
Highway 120 was numbered as a derivative of Highway 100.
The 2001 Minnesota Legislature approved removal of Route 244 from the state trunk highway system. Washington and Ramsey counties in 2001. The portion of the route in Washington (from I-94 to I-494) has been removed, but the part of the highway in Ramsey is still marked and the legal definition of its legislative route has not been changed.
At one time, Highway 120 had continued farther south. Before 2002, the route had continued south of I-94 on present day County 72 / County 25 (the Maplewood / Woodbury boundary line) until reaching Valley Creek Road in Woodbury. Highway 120 then briefly followed Valley Creek Road (present day County 16) eastbound until its interchange with I-494.
Highway 120 previously had a brief concurrency with State Highway 5. In 2015, the state turned back the portions of Highway 5 along and east of Century Avenue over to Washington County.
|Maplewood||2.114||3.402||CSAH 25 south / CSAH 72 south||Continuation past I-94|
|2.279||3.668||I-94||I-94 exit 247; interchange.|
|4.178||6.724||MN 5 west / CSAH 6 east (Stillwater Road)|
|North St. Paul||7.239||11.650||MN 36|
|White Bear Lake||8.228||13.242||I-694||I-694 exit 51; interchange.|
|Mahtomedi||9.347||15.043||MN 244 east (Wildwood Road) / CSAH 15 west (County Road E) / CR 27 north (East County Line Road)|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
Route map: Google
- "Trunk Highway Log Point Listing - Construction District 5" (PDF). Minnesota Department of Transportation. 2010-08-20. Retrieved 2010-11-20.
- "161.115, Additional Trunk Highways". Minnesota Statutes. Office of the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. 2010. Retrieved November 20, 2010.
- Riner, Steve. "Details of routes 101–149". The Unofficial Minnesota Highways Page. Self-published. Retrieved November 20, 2010.[self-published source]
- "Chapter 213-S.F. No. 1769, Sec. 4". Minnesota Session Laws for 2001. Office of the Revisor of Statutes. May 29, 2001. Retrieved November 20, 2010.
- "MnDOT handing over stretch of Minnesota 5 to Washington County". TwinCities.com.