Minnesota State Highway 21
|Maintained by Mn/DOT|
|Length:||38.370 mi (61.751 km)|
|Existed:||1920 – present|
|South end:||MN 60 and CR 48 at Faribault|
| MN 3 at Faribault
I-35 at Faribault
MN 99 at Erin Township
MN 13 at Montgomery
MN 13 , MN 19 at New Prague
MN 282 at Jordan
|North end:||U.S. 169 at Jordan|
|Counties:||Rice, Le Sueur, Scott|
Minnesota State Highway 21 (MN 21) is a highway in Minnesota, which runs from its intersection with State Highway 60 in Faribault and continues north to its northern terminus at its interchange with U.S. Highway 169 in Jordan, southwest of Shakopee.
Highway 21 is 38 miles (61 km) in length.
Highway 21 is also known as:
- Broadway Street in Jordan
- Helena Boulevard in Scott County
- 4th Avenue N.W. in New Prague
- Lyndale Avenue in Faribault
The Lyndale Avenue portion in Faribault is built as a four-lane divided highway.
State Highway 21 was authorized in 1920, running from Zumbrota to St. Peter. In 1934, the segment east of Faribault became State Highway 60, and the segment west of Shieldsville became State Highway 99. Highway 21 was then extended northwest to Highway 13 at Montgomery, then north through New Prague to Jordan.
The southernmost section of Highway 21 through Faribault is second-generation old U.S. Highway 65 (constructed in the late 1950s), which was connected to a divided highway coming off Interstate Highway 35 in the 1960s.
Highway 21 was paved north of State Highway 19 by 1940. The remainder of Highway 21 was paved in the late 1940s.
|Wells Township||2.537||4.083||CR 46|
|Shieldsville Township||7.115||11.450||CR 10 (Dodd Road)|
|Erin Township||9.153||14.730||MN 99|
|Montgomery Township||10.725||17.260||CR 4 (Independence Avenue)|
|Le Sueur||Montgomery||18.370||29.564||MN 13||South end of MN 13 concurrency|
|CR 26 east (Boulevard Avenue)|
|CR 26 west (Lexington Avenue)|
|Lanesburgh Township||CR 28|
|New Prague||26.407||42.498|| MN 13
|North end of MN 13 concurrency|
|Scott||Helena Township||28.434||45.760||CR 2 (260th Street West)|
|Sand Creek Township||34.085||54.854||CR 11 (Delmar Avenue)|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Riner, Steve. "Details of Routes 1-25". The Unofficial Minnesota Highways Page. Retrieved 2007-02-24.
- "Statewide Trunk Logpoint Listing" (PDF). Minnesota Department of Transportation. Retrieved December 24, 2011.
- Minnesota State Legislature (2010). "§ 161.114, Constitutional Trunk Highways". Minnesota Statutes. Minnesota Office of the Revisor of Statutes. Retrieved October 5, 2010.