||This article's lead section may not adequately summarize key points of its contents. (April 2012)|
|Founded||September 7, 2011
Glyfada, Attica, Greece
Minoan Air S.A., also known as Μινωικές Αερογραμμές, is a Greek airline headquartered in Heraklion, Crete, founded in September 2011. One of the key people is George Mavrantonakis, co-founder of Sky Express, former Chief Operating Officer and Accountable Manager of Olympic Airlines and former Advisor to the President of the same airline.
The company's first base was Heraklion International Airport.
In June 2012 Minoan Air based an airliner in Spain (in either Burgos Airport or León Airport) to operate charter flights for Spanish tour operator Good Fly. In July 2012 the company started operating all-year round flights from their base in Heraklion to Kos and Rhodes and seasonal flights to Mytilene and Santorini.
In January 2013, Minoan Air announced it would open two new bases outside of Greece, London Oxford Airport on 4 March 2013 and Lugano Airport on 29 March 2013. Minoan flew from London Oxford to Dublin and Edinburgh until 4 August 2013, while flights to Rome-Fiumicino and Vienna have been operated from Lugano. In September 2013 it has been announced that all flights to and from Lugano have been terminated.
Minoan Air flies to the following destinations as of July 2015:
- Greece - Athens, Alexandroupoli, Heraklion (HUB), Kos, Mykonos, Mytiline, Rhodes, Santorini, Thessaloniki
As of 22 April 2015[update], the Minoan Air fleet consists of the following aircraft:
- "IATA - Airline and Airport Code Search". iata.org. Retrieved 11 April 2015.
- "Minoan Air" (PDF). Hellenic Parliament. Retrieved 28 April 2012.
- "World routes: Minoan Air outlines UK expansion". 1 October 2012. Retrieved 26 January 2013.
- "Contact us." Minoan Air. Retrieved on 11 December 2012. "Address: Minoan Air St. Kazantzidi Avenue and Vosporou 1, N. Alikarnassos, 71601 Heraklion, Crete, Greece" - Greek address: "Λεωφόρος Στ. Καζαντζίδη και Βοσπόρου 1. Νέα Αλικαρνασσός, 71601 Ηράκλειο, Κρήτη, Ελλάδα"
- "GoodFly using Minoan Fokker 50 this summer". 3 June 2012. Retrieved 26 January 2013.
- "Routes TV". Retrieved 26 January 2013.
- Anders Carlsson (27 September 2012). "Flyglinjen byter flygplan". Flygtorget. Retrieved 26 January 2013.
- "About us". Retrieved 23 January 2013.
- Official website
- ch-aviation: Minoan Air
- Aircraft photos from Airliners.net
- Routes online: Minoan Air
- Minoan Air flies from oxford
|This article relating to a European airline is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about transport in Greece is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|