Minoru Mukaiya (向谷 実? Mukaiya Minoru, born 20 October 1956) is a Japanese musician best known as the former keyboardist of the jazz fusion band Casiopea and producer of the Train Simulator series of Japanese video games.
Mukaiya joined Casiopea in 1979 and remained in the group until their hiatus in 2006. Since leaving the band he has created his own musical production team, "Mukaiya Club." He also serves as the President and CEO of the company Ongakukan, which produces professional train simulators for Japanese transit systems and has distributed video games to the general public. Mukuya has also appeared in the event of Nico Nico Douga.
(For a list of works by the band Casiopea, see Casiopea#Discography.)
- Welcome to Minoru's Land (1985)
- Tickle The Ivory (1993)
- Sega Rally 2: Rearrange Album (1999)
- Announcement chime in the trains of the Kyushu Shinkansen (2004)
- Departure music at the major stations operated by Keihan Electric Railway in the Kansai region (June 2007)
- Approaching music and departure music at the major stations operated by Hanshin Electric Railway in the Kansai region (January 2009)
- Announcement chime and horn melody of the new Keisei AE trains being built for Keisei Electric Railway's Skyliner (2009)
- Announcement chime for the Tokyu Toyoko Line Shibuya Terminal's last two weeks of operation from 1 March 2013 until 15 March 2013, "Final Approach".
- Departure melody for the Tokyu Toyoko Line shared terminal with the Tokyo Metro Fukutoshin Line starting from 16 March 2013, "Departing from New Shibuya Terminal".
- On-board announcement chime for the Seibu Railway Fifty-two Seats of Happiness train operating since April 2016