May 31, 1942 |
|Occupation||Owner of ANT1 Group
Chairman of Euroholdings Capital & Investment Corp
Owner of Athenian Sea Carriers Ltd
Owner of Bacoil International and Athenian Oil Trading Inc
President of the Aegean Foundation
Shareholder of Singapore Airlines
|Net worth||€3 billion (2015)|
Minos "Minas" Kyriakou (Greek: Μίνως (Μηνάς) Κυριακού, Greek pronunciation: [ˌminos (miˌnas) ciriaˈku]; born 31 May 1942) is a Greek media and shipping magnate and businessman. He is the president of the Greek Olympic Committee and he was the President of the International Olympic Academy (IOA). He was elected to the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) council in August 2003.
Problems with the law
Kyriakou owns four acres of land in Athens that are in violation of Areos Park, as some of the Panellinios Athens complexes are illegally on the premises of the Athens Municipality and the Athens Prefecture. In February 2007, a penalty of 48 months imprisonment without suspension, and a fine of €15,000 euros was placed on Kyriakou for the arbitrary construction of a cottage property in San Aimilianos in Porto Heli. Namely, the construction of a harbor that was in violation of not only the winter tide, but also the future expansion of the coastline. As a result of this, Kyriakou appealed the ruling of the court and he was then asked to pay a fee of €100,000 euros in financial security costs until the appeal trial could be held.
Since December 2004, Kyriakou has been married to the Greek actress Mari Konstantatou (b. 1971).
He has two sons (Xenophon and Theodore) and a daughter (Athina), from his first marriage.
He speaks Greek, English, French, Italian, Spanish, Polish, and Russian. He has been awarded the Golden Cross of the Legion of Honor – Republic of Poland, Golden Cross of the order of St. George, Golden Medal of Honor – Republic of Cyprus, Golden Star of Honor – Singapore Republic, Grand Cross of the Order of the Legion of Honor – Republic of Poland.
- "IAAF: Minos Kyriakou- News - iaaf.org". Retrieved 10 September 2016.
- "Minos Kyriakou - Aegean Foundation - ZoomInfo.com". Retrieved 10 September 2016.
- "IAAF: News - iaaf.org". Retrieved 10 September 2016.
- "TO ΠΑΡΟΝ ΤΗΣ ΚΥΡΙΑΚΗΣ". Retrieved 10 September 2016.
- News.kathimerini.gr - Εγγύηση Κυριακού μέχρι τη δίκη. (Greek)
- "Account Suspended". Retrieved 10 September 2016.
- "Μίνως Κυριακού ο φασίστας - Βιογραφία - Νεοέλληνας..". Retrieved 10 September 2016.
- "Minos Kyriakou". Retrieved 10 September 2016.