Mint Airways Boeing 757 at Hannover Airport
|Fleet size||Fleet below|
Mint Airways was founded on 3 June 2009 by Inter-Flights —part of the International Flights Network SA, a Spanish company with its headquarters in Madrid. It began operating charter services from Madrid-Barajas airport using a Boeing 757 aircraft.
The airline soon added another 757 to its fleet and, towards the end of 2010, a McDonnell Douglas MD-83 from Swiftair was also made part of the airline, although only for a brief period. During the first eighteen months of operation Mint Airways got wet lease contracts for Thomas Cook Airlines, Atlas Blue, Royal Air Maroc, Air Mediterranee, Axis Airways, Nouvelair, Tunisair, Blue Panorama, Air Italy and Spanair. Together with Pullmantur Air and Iberworld it also found a niche in the lucrative transport of pilgrims to Hajj from Southeast Asia.
Mint Airways began facing financial difficulties after Comtel Air —an Austrian airline with which it had a leasing contract— filed for bankruptcy in late 2011. Following a scandal in which Comtel Air flight crew asked stranded passengers to pay for the aircraft fuel, Mint Airways initiated legal action against Comtel.
- ICAO Code: MIC (not current)
- Presentada Mint Airways - AVIÓN REVUE; 3 June 2009
- Directorio de empresas - International Flights Network SA (en liquidación)
- Planespotters - Mint Airways
- World Airline News - Mint Airways adds its second Boeing 757-200
- Cinco Días, 8-11-2010 / Pullmantur e Iberworld explotan el filón del viaje de peregrinos a La Meca
- Aviation Corner / Apuros para Mint Airways tras la quiebra de Comtel
- abcNews - Airline Makes Stranded Passengers Pay for Fuel
- Europapress - Mint Airways emprenderá acciones legales contra la aerolínea Comtel Air
- Hosteltur - Mint Airways se declara insolvente
- SNZM Aero/News - Mint Airways suspende operaciones
- Adiós a Mint Airways
- Media related to Mint Airways at Wikimedia Commons
- Airline history; Spain
- Cierra Mint Airways
- El Mundo - Aviación mundial en turbulencia, 23 de Julio de 2012