|This article does not cite any sources. (May 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
MinterEllisonRuddWatts is a full-service law firm in New Zealand, founded over 130 years ago. With offices in Auckland and Wellington, MinterEllisonRuddWatts has 41 partners, over 180 legal personnel and 97 support staff.
Worldwide, the Minter Ellison group is one of the largest full-service law firms in the Asia-Pacific region with over 290 partners and 900 legal staff.
The firm won the New Zealand category of the International Law Office Client Choice Awards 2006.
Areas of expertise
- Banking & Financial Services
- Dispute Resolution
- Real Estate
MinterEllisonRuddWatts has offices in four countries and thirteen cities. Its first international office was opened in London in 1974. Its main focus is advising UK and European law firms on Australian law and working with European clients on their business activities in Asia.
MinterEllisonRuddWatts was one of the first foreign law firms to have a presence in China, initially through a joint venture arrangement in Beijing in the mid-1980s. The firm subsequently established offices in Hong Kong in 2000 and in Shanghai in 2001 and it currently has more than 50 lawyers based in China.
- 2001 - Rudd Watts & Stone changed its name to MinterEllisonRuddWatts on 1 September 2001.
- 1984 - Rudd Watts & Stone formed by a merger of three law firms on 1 January 1984: Rudd Garland Horrocks Stewart Johnston in Auckland, Stone & Co and Watts & Patterson both in Wellington.
- 1982 - Rudd Garland Horrocks Stewart Johnston formed by the merger of Rudd Garland & Horrocks and Stewart Johnston Campbell Drummond & Co in 1982.
- ca. 1880 - Stewart Johnston Campbell Drummond & Co founded.
|This article about a law firm is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|