Minto Eye Hospital
This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (November 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Minto Eye Hospital|
|Location||Chamrajpet, Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Affiliated university||Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute|
|Lists||Hospitals in India|
Minto Eye Hospital is government running specialty hospital in Bangalore treating diseases of the eye. Minto Ophthalmic Hospital, (a.k.a. Minto Regional Institute of Ophthalmology), was established in 1913, making it one of the oldest speciality eye hospitals in the world. It is affiliated to the Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, and is an institution of national importance.
It is a 300 bedded, tertiary ophthalmic hospital. It includes an Eye Bank, Glaucoma clinic, Squint clinic and a Vitreo-retinal centre.
Hundreds of ophthalmologists have been trained at this institute since its inception. A tertiary referral centre, Minto Hospitals offers its services at subsidized rates to the poor and needy of Karnataka and its neighbouring states.
- "Eye' for ingenious". www.newindianexpress.com. Retrieved 31 August 2017.
- "Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore-560 002". www.bmcri.org.
- Clinical phenotype and linkage analysis of the congenital fibrosis of the extraocular muscles in an Indian family
- A RARE CASE OF PROPTOSIS IN A NEW-BORN CHILD. Br J Ophthalmol. 1927 Feb;11(2):79
- Childhood blindness in a rural population of southern India: prevalence and aetiology - Ophthalmic Epidemiol. 2008 May-Jun;15(3):176-82