Minto railway station
Southbound view from Platform 2 in November 2011
|Location||Somerset Street, Minto|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||49.67 kilometres from Central|
|Website||Transport for NSW|
|Passengers (2013)||2,850 (daily) (Sydney Trains, NSW TrainLink)|
Minto station opened in May 1874 as Campbellfields, being renamed on 1 March 1882.
Since the second half of 2017, Minto railway station has been served exclusively by the Airport and East Hills line, meaning commuters have to change at Glenfield to travel to either the city via Granville or to Blacktown via the Cumberland Line.
Platforms & services
|1||services to Central & the City Circle via Revesby|||
|2||services to Campbelltown & Macarthur|||
Since 2013, long distance freight trains have had their own separate track, the Southern Sydney Freight Line.
An Inland port is located south of Minto station. It consists of a crossover and a siding. Because there are no facilities for locomotives to change ends of the train, the container trains must have engines at both ends.
Busabout operates one route via Minto station:
Interline Bus Services operate four routes via Minto station:
Minto station is served by one NightRide route:
- Bureau of Transport Statistics. "Train Statistics 2014" (PDF). Transport NSW. Retrieved 12 July 2018.
- Minto Station NSWrail.net
- Minto Station Easy Access Upgrade Gartner Rose
- Barr, Eliza (27 February 2017). "Southwest Sydney train service to increase with new peak hour trains and north-south connection from Leppington to Parramatta and Blacktown". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 27 February 2017.
- O'Sullivan, Matt (27 February 2017). "Decision on rail link to new Sydney airport 'many years off', Transport Minister Andrew Constance says". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 27 February 2017.
- "T8: Airport & South line timetable". Transport for NSW.
- Foster intermodal terminal network development Transport for NSW Freight
- Austrak Management & Consulting Pty Ltd (Austrak) Submission to the ACCC 8 Feb 2008 Australian Competition & Consumer Commission
- "Busabout route 880". Transport for NSW.
- "Interline route 850". Transport for NSW.
- "Interline route 873". Transport for NSW.
- "Interline route 874". Transport for NSW.
- "Interline route 875". Transport for NSW.
- "N30 Nightride". Transport for NSW.