Village of Minton
|Rural Municipality||Surprise Valley|
|Post office Founded||1930|
|• Mayor||Dennis Simpart|
|• Administrator||Joyce Axten|
|• Governing body||Minton Village Council|
|• Total||0.30 km2 (0.12 sq mi)|
|• Density||319.8/km2 (828/sq mi)|
|Highways||Highway 6, Highway 18, Highway 676|
Minton is a village in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan, located on Saskatchewan Highway 6 just north of its intersection with Highway 18, 19 km north of the Raymond-Regway Border Crossing on the Montana-Saskatchewan border. The village was named after Minton, Shropshire in England. The name was given by the Canadian Pacific Railway.
|Canada census – Minton, Saskatchewan community profile|
|Total private dwellings:|
|Median household income:|
In 1930, Minton was identified as a hamlet. 21 years later, in 1951, it was incorporated as a village.
There is an Inukshuk monument approximately 8 km north of Minton on highway #6. It is 50 metre east of the highway at coordinates 49 13.901 N, 104 36.358 W just off of the gravel road.
- Barry, Bill (September 2005). Geographic Names of Saskatchewan. Regina, Saskatchewan: People Places Publishing, Ltd. p. 286. ISBN 1-897010-19-2.
- National Archives, Archivia Net, Post Offices and Postmasters, archived from the original on 2006-10-06
- Government of Saskatchewan, MRD Home, Municipal Directory System, archived from the original (– Scholar search) on November 21, 2008
- Canadian Textiles Institute. (2005), CTI Determine your provincial constituency, archived from the original on 2007-09-11
- Commissioner of Canada Elections, Chief Electoral Officer of Canada (2005), Elections Canada On-line, archived from the original on 2007-04-21
- "2001 Community Profiles". Canada 2001 Census. Statistics Canada. February 17, 2012.
- Minton Village Council
- Saskatchewan City & Town Maps
- Saskatchewan Gen Web - One Room School Project
- Post Offices and Postmasters - ArchiviaNet - Library and Archives Canada
- Saskatchewan Gen Web Region
- Online Historical Map Digitization Project
- GeoNames Query
- 2001 Community Profiles