|New Testament manuscript
|Name||Guelferbytanus XVI, 6|
|Now at||Herzog August Bibliothek|
|Size||21 cm by 15.5 cm|
Minuscule 126 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), ε 185 (Von Soden numbering). It is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, written on parchment. Palaeographically it has been assigned to the 12th century. It has complex contents with full marginalia.
The manuscript contains a complete text of the four Gospels on 219 parchment leaves (21 cm by 15.5 cm). The text is written in one column per page, 26 lines per page. Matthew 28:18-20 is written in cruciform. The capital letters are often occur in the middle of words. According to F. H. A. Scrivener the manuscript was carelessly written.
The text is divided according to the κεφαλαια (chapters) whose numbers are given at the margin, and their τιτλοι (titles of chapters) at the top of the pages. There is also a division according to the smaller Ammonian Sections (in Mark 241 - 16:20), with references to the Eusebian Canons (written below Ammonian Section numbers).
It contains the Eusebian Canon tables at the beginning, prolegomena, tables of the κεφαλαια (tables of contents) before each Gospel, pictures, lectionary markings (added by later hand), synaxaria (later hand), and some corrections added by a later hand .
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 52.
- K. Aland, M. Welte, B. Köster, K. Junack, Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments, Walter de Gruyter, Berlin, New York 1994, p. 54.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament 1 (4 ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 212.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments 1. Leipzig: Hinrichs. p. 155.
- Wisse, Frederik (1982). The Profile Method for the Classification and Evaluation of Manuscript Evidence, as Applied to the Continuous Greek Text of the Gospel of Luke. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 55. ISBN 0-8028-1918-4.
- Aland, Kurt; Aland, Barbara (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.). Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 138. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.