|New Testament manuscript
|Name||Codex Vallicellianus C|
|Now at||Biblioteca Vallicelliana|
|Size||21.5 cm by 15.7 cm|
|Note||member of Kr
Minuscule 170 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), ε 307 (Soden), is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, on parchment. Palaeographically it has been assigned to the 13th century. It has marginalia.
The codex contains the text of the four Gospels on 277 parchment leaves (size 21.5 cm by 15.7 cm). The text is written in one column per page, in 23 lines per page. The text of Luke 16:7 and the most of John was written by a later hand from the 15th century.
The text is divided according to the κεφαλαια (chapters), whose numbers are given at the margin, the τιτλοι (titles of chapters) at the top of the pages. There is also a division according to the smaller Ammonian Sections, with references to the Eusebian Canons (written below Ammonian Section numbers).
It contains prolegomena, tables of the κεφαλαια (tables of contents) before each Gospel (occasionally inserted by later hand), lectionary equipment at the margin for liturgical use, αναγνωσεις (lessons), and numbers of στιχοι (occasionally by later hand). The Synaxarion and Menologion were added by later hand.
Hermann von Soden classified it to the textual family Kr. According to the Claremont Profile Method it belongs to the textual family Kr in Luke 1 and Luke 20. In Luke 10 no profile was made. It belongs to subgroup 35.
Currently the manuscript is dated to the 13th century.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 54.
- K. Aland, M. Welte, B. Köster, K. Junack, "Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments", Walter de Gruyter, Berlin, New York 1994, p. 57.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament. 1 (4 ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 215.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments. 1. Leipzig: J.C. Hinrichs. p. 162.
- Aland, Kurt; Aland, Barbara (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.). Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 138. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- Wisse, Frederik (1982). The Profile Method for the Classification and Evaluation of Manuscript Evidence, as Applied to the Continuous Greek Text of the Gospel of Luke. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. pp. 56, 92. ISBN 0-8028-1918-4.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments. 1. Leipzig: J.C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 162.