|New Testament manuscript|
|Now at||National Library of France|
|Size||16 cm by 12.1 cm|
Minuscule 27 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), ε 1023 (Soden). It is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, written on vellum. Palaeographically it has been assigned to the 10th-century. It has liturgical books and marginalia.
The codex contains a complete text of the four Gospels, on 460 leaves (16 cm by 12.1 cm), though from John 18:3 the text is supplied. The text is written in one column per page, 19 lines per page. It is ornamented in gold and silver.
The text is divided according to the κεφαλαια (chapters), whose numerals are given at the margin, the τιτλοι (titles of chapters) at the top of the pages. There is also a division according to the Ammonian Sections (in Mark 241, the last section in 16:20), with references to the Eusebian Canons (written below Ammonian Section numbers).
It was extensively altered by a later hand.
According to the Claremont Profile Method it represents textual cluster M27 (as a core member). It creates cluster, to which belong the manuscripts: 71, 569, 692, 750, 1170, 1222, 1413, 1415, 1458, 1626, 2715.
In Luke 10:21, it has an interesting reading that agrees with 45 in omitting καὶ τῆς γῆς/and earth, a reading reported by Tertullian and Epiphanius as being that in Marcion's edit of Luke's Gospel. A corrector has later inserted καὶ τῆς γῆς in the right hand margin as a correction.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 49.
- K. Aland; M. Welte; B. Köster; K. Junack (1994). Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments. Berlin, New York: Walter de Gruyter. p. 48.
- "Liste Handschriften". Münster: Institute for New Testament Textual Research. Retrieved 2013-09-26.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testamentes. 1. Leipzig: J.C. Hinrichs. pp. 134–135.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament. 1 (4 ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 194.
- Aland, Kurt; Aland, Barbara (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.). Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 138. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- Wisse, Frederik (1982). The Profile Method for the Classification and Evaluation of Manuscript Evidence, as Applied to the Continuous Greek Text of the Gospel of Luke. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. pp. 53, 100. ISBN 0-8028-1918-4.
- James R. Royse (2008), Scribal Habits in Early Greek New Testament Papyri. Atlanta: Society of Biblical Literature. p. 137.
- Jean-Pierre-Paul Martin, Description technique des manuscrits grecs, relatif au Nouveau Testament, conservé dans les bibliothèques des Paris (Paris 1883), p. 40
- R. Waltz, Minuscule 27 at the Encyclopaedia of Textual Criticism (2008)
- Images from Microfilm of manuscript on the CSNTM website.
- Images of manuscript online at the Bibliothèque Nationale de France website.