|New Testament manuscript|
|Now at||Basel University Library|
|Size||28.5 cm by 21.5 cm|
Minuscule 2817 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), α 287 (von Soden). Formerly it was labeled as 7pK in all catalogs, but it was renumbered by Gregory, because two manuscripts had number 7 (7e and 7p). It is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, dated palaeographically to the 12th century. Scrivener and the INTF date it to the 11th century.
The codex contains the text of the Pauline epistles, on 387 parchment pages with only one lacuna. The manuscript ends at Hebrews 12:18. It is written with one column per page, 28-32 lines per page. The text is written on a parchment in minuscule. It contains notes and glosses.
The Greek text of the Gospels is a representative of the Byzantine text-type. Hermann von Soden classified it as Ifb (together with minuscules 115, 179, 267, 659, 827). Aland placed it in Category V. It is close to the textual family Kx.
In Ephesians 3:9 it contains the reading of κοινωνια in the text and catena rather than the majority reading "οικονομία".
History of the codex
This codex was used by Erasmus in his Novum Testamentum. It was used also by Robert Estienne (known as Stephanus) in his Editio Regia (1550), who designated it as ς'. In result its readings became a part of the Textus Receptus.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Miller, Edward (1894). A plain introduction to the criticism of the New Testament for the use of Biblical students. Kelly - University of Toronto. London, New York, G. Bell.
- "Manuscript Workspace - INTF". ntvmr.uni-muenster.de. Retrieved 2020-11-25.
- Kurt Aland, M. Welte, B. Köster, K. Junack, Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des neuen Testaments, Walter de Gruyter, Berlin, New York 1994, p. 212.
- Nestle, Eberhard et Erwin; communiter ediderunt: B. et K. Aland, J. Karavidopoulos, C. M. Martini, B. M. Metzger (2001). Novum Testamentum Graece (27 ed.). Stuttgart: Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft. p. 714.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- Aland, Kurt; Aland, Barbara (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.). Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 138. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Liste Handschriften". Münster: Institute for New Testament Textual Research. Retrieved 8 March 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Hermann von Soden, Die Schriften des Neuen Testaments, in ihrer ältesten erreichbaren Textgestalt hergestellt auf Grund ihrer Textgeschichte, Verlag von Arthur Glaue, Berlin 1902-1910.