|New Testament manuscript
2 Peter 1:1-2
|Text||Acts, Catholic epistles|
|Now at||New College|
|Size||26 cm by 20.5 cm|
Minuscule 2818 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), Aπρ20 (von Soden). Formerly it was labelled as 36aK in all catalogues, but it was renumbered by Aland, because two manuscripts had number 36 (36e and 36a). It is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, dated palaeographically to the 12th-century.
The codex contains the text of the Acts of the Apostles and Catholic epistles on 245 parchment leaves with a commentary. The text is written in one column per page, 39 lines per page, the pages are 26 by 20.5 cm. The text is written on a parchment in minuscule.
It contains Prolegomena. The text is divided according to the κεφαλαια (chapters), whose numbers are given at the margin, and their τιτλοι (titles of chapters) at the top of the pages. The text of the Acts of the Apostles is surrounded by a Catena of Church Fathers. It contains Martyrium Pauli.
In Acts 8:39 it has an addition αγιον επεπεσεν επι τον ευνουχον, αγγελος δε (holy [spirit] fell on the eunuch, and an angel). This reading is supported by the manuscripts Codex Alexandrinus, 323, 453, 945, 1739, 1891, and several others.
History of the codex
The manuscript was cited in Walton's Polyglott, enumerated by John Mill (Novum Testamentum, Prolegomena § 1390), examined by Wettstein, and edited by Cramer in 1838. It was cited by Novum Testamentum Graece (Nestle-Aland 27) in Acts 15:28; 21:25.
- For another variants of this verse see: Textual variants in the Acts of the Apostles.
- Kurt Aland; M. Welte; B. Köster; K. Junack (1994). Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des neuen Testaments. Berlin, New York: Walter de Gruyter. p. 212.
- F. H. A. Scrivener, A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament (George Bell & Sons: London 1894), Vol. 1, p. 287.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments. 1. Leipzig: J.C. Hinrichs. p. 266.
- As Minuscule 384, 462, 615.
- Aland, Kurt; Aland, Barbara (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.). Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 129. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- Nestle-Aland, Novum Testamentum Graece, 26th edition, p. 345.
- Bruce M. Metzger, A Textual Commentary on the Greek New Testament (Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft: Stuttgart 2001), p. 316.
- UBS3, p. 463.
- NA26, p. 384.
- Hermann von Soden, Die Schriften des Neuen Testaments, in ihrer ältesten erreichbaren Textgestalt hergestellt auf Grund ihrer Textgeschichte, Verlag von Arthur Glaue, Berlin 1902-1910.
- "Liste Handschriften". Münster: Institute for New Testament Textual Research. Retrieved 8 March 2011.