|New Testament manuscript
|Now at||Bibliothèque Publique et Universitaire (Geneva)|
|Size||13.5 cm by 10.2 cm|
Minuscule 323 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), α 157 (Soden), is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, on parchment. Palaeographically it has been assigned to the 12th century. Formerly it was designated by 29a and 35p.
The codex contains the text of the Acts of the Apostles, Catholic epistles, and Pauline epistles on 374 parchment leaves (13.5 cm by 10.2 cm) with some lacunae. The text is written in one column per page, in 18 lines per page. The texts of Acts 1:1-8; 2:36-45 were supplied by a later hand. There are other small defects. It is beautifully but carelessly written, without subscriptions at the end of books.
The Greek text of the codex is a representative of the Alexandrian text-type, but the Byzantine element is very strong. Aland assigned it to Category II in Catholic epistles, and to Category III elsewhere. Textually it is very close to the codex 322, as a sister manuscript.
It is a member of the textual family 1739.
In Acts 8:39 it has addition πνεῦμα ἅγιον ἐπέπεσεν ἐπὶ τὸν εὐνοῦχον, ἄγγελος δέ κυρίου ἥρπασεν τὸν Φίλιππον (the holy spirit fell on the eunuch, and an angel caught up Philip). This reading is supported by the manuscripts Codex Alexandrinus, 453, 945, 1739, 1891, 2818, itp, vg, syrh, and several others.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 59.
- Aland, K.; M. Welte; B. Köster; K. Junack (1994). Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments. Berlin, New York: Walter de Gruyter. p. 66. ISBN 3-11-011986-2.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament 1 (4 ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 287.
- Aland, Kurt; Aland, Barbara (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.). Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 132. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- Nestle-Aland, Novum Testamentum Graece, 26th edition, p. 345; Bruce M. Metzger, A Textual Commentary on the Greek New Testament (Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft: Stuttgart 2001), p. 316.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments 1. Leipzig: Hinrichs. p. 266.
- W. J. Elliott, The Relationship between 322 and 323 of the Greek New Testament, JTS 18 (1967), pp. 423–25.
- Minuscule 323 at the Encyclopedia of Textual Criticism