|New Testament manuscript
|Text||Acts, CE, Pauline epistles|
|Now at||Austrian National Library|
|Size||22.4 cm by 17.4 cm|
Minuscule 425 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), α 457 (in the Soden numbering), is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, on parchment. It is dated by a colophon to the year 1330. Formerly it was designated by 67a.
The codex contains the text of the Acts of the Apostles, Catholic epistles, and Pauline epistles on 159 parchment leaves (22.4 cm by 17.4 cm). The Epistle to the Hebrews is placed after Epistle to Philemon. The text is written in one column per page, in 29-31 lines per page.
It contains Prolegomena, tables of the κεφαλαια (tables of contents) before each sacred book, subscriptions at the end of each book, Synaxarion, Menologion, and numbers of στιχοι at the end of each book. It is elegantly but inaccurately written.
The manuscript was written by one Leo at Constantinople. It was brought from Constantinople to Vienna by Augier Busbecq together with the codex 421 and many other manuscripts. It was examined by Treschow, Alter, and Birch. Alter used it in his edition of the Greek New Testament (vol. 2, pp. 689–740). C. R. Gregory saw it in 1881.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 63.
- Aland, K.; M. Welte; B. Köster; K. Junack (1994). Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments. Berlin, New York: Walter de Gruyter. p. 72. ISBN 3-11-011986-2.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments. 1. Leipzig: Hinrichs. p. 270.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (2005) . A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament. 1 (4 ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 290.
- Aland, Kurt; Aland, Barbara (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.). Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 139. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- H. G. Treschow, Testament Descriptionis codicum veterum aliquot Graecorum Novi Foederis manuscriptorum (Copenhagen, 1773)
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament. 1. London: George Bell & Sons. p. 322.