|New Testament manuscript
|Text||New Testament (except Rev.)|
|Size||13.3 cm by 10.3 cm|
Minuscule 431 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), δ 268 (in the Soden numbering), is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, on parchment. Palaeographically it has been assigned to the 12th century. It has marginalia. It is known as Codex Molsheimensis.
The codex contains the text of the New Testament except the Book of Revelation on 275 parchment leaves (13.3 cm by 10.3 cm). It is written in one column per page, in 28-33 lines per page. The large initial letters are in gold.
The text is divided according to the κεφαλαια (chapters), whose numbers are given at the margin, and the τιτλοι (titles) at the top of the pages.
The Greek text of the Acts of the Apostles and the Catholic epistles Aland placed in Category III. It exhibits a remarkable text. The text of the Pauline epistles and Apocalypse has lower value, it is a representative of the Byzantine text-type. Aland placed it in Category V.
According to Scrivener it has "many unusual readings" (probably it refers to the Acts).
The manuscript formerly belonged to Domfrauen von Andlau. In 1607 it was presented to the Jesuits Collegium in Molsheim (hence name of the codex) in Alsace. Jesuit Hermann Goldhagen made some extracts from the codex in 1753. Arendt made a collation from it. The manuscript was added to the list of the New Testament manuscripts by Scholz (1794-1852). C. R. Gregory saw it in 1891.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 63.
- Aland, K.; M. Welte; B. Köster; K. Junack (1994). Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments. Berlin, New York: Walter de Gruyter. p. 73. ISBN 3-11-011986-2.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments. 1. Leipzig: J.C. Hinrichs. p. 189.
- Aland, Kurt; Aland, Barbara (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.). Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 133. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- Wisse, Frederik (1982). The Profile Method for the Classification and Evaluation of Manuscript Evidence, as Applied to the Continuous Greek Text of the Gospel of Luke. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 60. ISBN 0-8028-1918-4.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament. 1 (4 ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 238.
- UBS3, p. 463.
- UBS3, p. 489
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament. 1. London: George Bell & Sons. p. 225.
- NA26, p. 705.
- J. Valentine-Richards, Hilgenfeld's Edition of the Acts, JTS I, 606-613.
- J. Valentine-Richards, The Text of Acts in Codex 614 (Tisch. 137) and its Allies (Cambridge, 1934).
- Minuscule 431 at the Encyclopedia of Textual Criticism